Posted · PTFE into BACK of feeder

I'm thinking of making a dry box for my Ultimaker 2 Extended+    I have seen several designs that use a PTFE tube coming from the box to the feeder of the machine. I was wondering how the PTFE tube is being attached to the back of the feeders? Mine have a small metal insert in them and I don't see any way to connect the tubes?   I am ordering supplies and would like to order everything at once.

Thanks,

- Jason

The one I saw on photo, didn't have any attachments. The tube was cut to the correct length. And then by friction from unwinding, it was pulled towards the feeder, sort of, so it closed the gap. But I don't remember from who this was.

Thanks Geert_2.  I guess I could see this working OK. It doesn't have to be air tight by any means so can give it a try.

I have designed a 3D printed insert where I have attached a Bowden fitting. However, if the filament isn't straight I have trouble getting it past the feeder, so I think the solution proposed here is better.

Thanks

On 3/18/2020 at 2:32 AM, P3D said:

I have designed a 3D printed insert where I have attached a Bowden fitting. However, if the filament isn't straight I have trouble getting it past the feeder, so I think the solution proposed here is better.

Thanks P3D.