Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
  • Sign Up
SandervG

Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Recommended Posts

Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part
3 minutes ago, JohnInOttawa said:

What's the normal time frame from signing up to appearing on the map?  You are probably already dealing with a backlog, at least I hope so! 😉

We have received a lot of hubs, amazing! I believe the next update is planned for Sunday. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Hello Community;

 

This is a great idea. In the forum, I sadly couldn't fill all fields because I'm not a company, I am just an individual with an Ultimaker 2+  in my room, a great love for 3D printing and a decient CAD experience (I'm a mechanical engineer)... So, currently in France, I wanted to know if there is any network to help local french hospitals as well ?P

 

Please stay safe all;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Thanks Ultimaker for the great idea to help saving lifes.

I am happy to help if something is needed.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

I filled out the form, but see nothing added to the map.  Is this because I am an individual, or a glitch in the form automation?

 

I have 2 Ultimakers that can be available.  One is dedicated to ABS, the other flexible for many types.  I have ample stock in ABS ans PLA on hand.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Hello,

 

I have an Ultimaker S5 at home and would like to help. Unfortunately, my job makes it very difficult to contact me during daytime hous. Is that a problem?

 

Also, I don't like my address and contact information being availably to literally everybody. Can some information be hidden from people who don't need any help?

 

Kind regards,

Dennis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Hi Sander, we are on the map, so thank you.

There is a little problem, if it can be changed, we have 3 ulti s5, not 2 🙂

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

I just registered my Fablab on the form, great idea!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

I Just registered using NA as company name since I don't have a company. Have my UM2 test printing mask parts now. I designed a new filter for the honeycomb piece since retractions were killer on printing with the original. Created piece that was half the height of original. Created slits same dimensions as sizing of hexagons so can take two discs and place in mask at 90 degrees to one another (if that makes sense). Parts print 7 minutes faster than original with almost no retraction needed.

 

I may have access to 2-3 more Ultimakers if needed.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Added my company. With almost 18 years CAD experience and 15 years of product design experience, I hope I can be of assistance. I do have and Ultimaker 2 Extended + with Mark2 but I'm no expert at it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

I tried to register.  Still no pin in the map.

 

Have any of the participants been contacted for assistance?

 

Edited by mastory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part
On 3/20/2020 at 10:01 PM, Hatim said:

Hello Community;

 

This is a great idea. In the forum, I sadly couldn't fill all fields because I'm not a company, I am just an individual with an Ultimaker 2+  in my room, a great love for 3D printing and a decient CAD experience (I'm a mechanical engineer)... So, currently in France, I wanted to know if there is any network to help local french hospitals as well ?P

 

Please stay safe all;

 

Hello Hatim, thank you for your message and stepping up to help. It is much appreciated, It shouldn't matter that you are not a company, did you try to fill out the form without that field? You should be able to complete it and appear on the map. Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part
On 3/21/2020 at 3:01 AM, mastory said:

I filled out the form, but see nothing added to the map.  Is this because I am an individual, or a glitch in the form automation?

 

I have 2 Ultimakers that can be available.  One is dedicated to ABS, the other flexible for many types.  I have ample stock in ABS ans PLA on hand.

 

Hi Mastory, the map is being updated as we speak, this is not an automated process (yet). I just checked and see your entry there, so it should appear within an hour or so. Thank you for helping others! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part
On 3/21/2020 at 11:17 AM, A3000T said:

Hello,

 

I have an Ultimaker S5 at home and would like to help. Unfortunately, my job makes it very difficult to contact me during daytime hous. Is that a problem?

 

Also, I don't like my address and contact information being availably to literally everybody. Can some information be hidden from people who don't need any help?

 

Kind regards,

Dennis

 

Hi Dennis, 

 

Thank you for your message. Regarding the difficulties making contact, we can see how that would play out but what we've seen so far is that everyone has very tight deadlines and we need to act quick. 

 

Regarding your address, for a connection it is good to know where a certain hub is located, so we do need an address. If you don't want your personal address on the map you can also list, for example, the gas station or supermarket from around the corner. We don't need to know your exact location, but approximate is good enough to find a hub in close proximity when help is needed in your area. Hope this helps! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part
On 3/21/2020 at 2:38 PM, skinny-kid said:

I Just registered using NA as company name since I don't have a company. Have my UM2 test printing mask parts now. I designed a new filter for the honeycomb piece since retractions were killer on printing with the original. Created piece that was half the height of original. Created slits same dimensions as sizing of hexagons so can take two discs and place in mask at 90 degrees to one another (if that makes sense). Parts print 7 minutes faster than original with almost no retraction needed.

 

I may have access to 2-3 more Ultimakers if needed.

 

That sounds amazing. If you have a file you can share that would be lovely! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Hi Sander,

 

thank you for putting icruma e.U. (Vienna) on the Ultimaker 3D Printer Hubs Map.

Looks like there occurred a small typo in the e-mail address - the "a" is missing.

It should be office@icruma.eu

 

Krgds

Christian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part
1 hour ago, icruma said:

Hi Sander,

 

thank you for putting icruma e.U. (Vienna) on the Ultimaker 3D Printer Hubs Map.

Looks like there occurred a small typo in the e-mail address - the "a" is missing.

It should be office@icruma.eu

 

Krgds

Christian

Ok, fixed that for you 🙂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part
13 hours ago, SandervG said:

 

That sounds amazing. If you have a file you can share that would be lovely! 

The mask design definitely needs work. Huge gaps and hard to conform so air flow is restricted through the filter section. I have to stay home from work for 2 weeks (MA USA shutdown except for essential businesses) so I may play with designs.

 

The file for the design I made is here. Print out twice and rotate 90 degrees to one another when putting in mask

 

Mask Filter.stl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

any feedback about how long it takes on average to be added to the map after filling in the form?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Hello, that slightly depends on when you fill it out. We update the map 3 times a day, only the very first batch took a little bit longer. Perhaps that is where you were in @XYZDesignPro? Now, it should be only a few hours. 

 

I'm aiming to post an update today about what we have done so far. In a nutshell, it was important to first figure out what hospitals needed, what were they allowed to use and what could even be printed. Now that is becoming clear and some designs are becoming validated we see some larger quantities being produced left and right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Hello! Some of you asked for an update of what has happened up until this point. A lot! We've been very busy and many wheels are spinning at the same time. I found time and tried to cover some of it in our (first?) update post. If you have a moment and if you are interested, you can find it here. Thank you for your time and interest in this cause. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part
On 3/20/2020 at 10:01 PM, Hatim said:

Hello Community;

 

This is a great idea. In the forum, I sadly couldn't fill all fields because I'm not a company, I am just an individual with an Ultimaker 2+  in my room, a great love for 3D printing and a decient CAD experience (I'm a mechanical engineer)... So, currently in France, I wanted to know if there is any network to help local french hospitals as well ?P

 

Please stay safe all;


Va sur facebook et regarde ce groupe : https://www.facebook.com/groups/2454266324886624/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Hello @SandervG & everyone!

 

Just to let you guys know of what we're doing with our Ultimaker S5 to combat Coronavirus. I've started a thread in the What have you made section. Link below:

 

Using our Ultimaker S5 to print Prusa Face Shields for COVID-19

 

We are very glad to be able to assist in our hospitals' efforts to fight this threat. We're currently working 24/7 on the production of face shields. It's in times like these that equipment such as 3D printers prove their worth. And our Ultimaker S5 has certainly proved its worth!

 

Stay safe, and happy 3D printing!

Edited by DrCeeVee
Reduced link's text font size.
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part
3 hours ago, DrCeeVee said:

Hello @SandervG & everyone!

 

Just to let you guys know of what we're doing with our Ultimaker S5 to combat Coronavirus. I've started a thread in the What have you made section. Link below:

 

Using our Ultimaker S5 to print Prusa Face Shields for COVID-19

 

We are very glad to be able to assist in our hospitals' efforts to fight this threat. We're currently working 24/7 on the production of face shields. It's in times like these that equipment such as 3D printers prove their worth. And our Ultimaker S5 has certainly proved its worth!

 

Stay safe, and happy 3D printing!

 

Great work @DrCeeVee, keep up the good work and stay safe. Let us know how it is going and if you need any further help down the line! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Hello Sanders: the form forces me to answer questions before # 16. I make myself available to help through my only Ultimaker 3 printer and my predisposition to solve what is in my hands. My specialty is automation and control.  Protective Visor by 3DVerkstan for a small health center in the city of Santa Fe, Argentina. Greetings Daniel

Edited by up3d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...