Coronavirus: Let's do our part

SandervG

Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Hi @up3d, thank you for your message. I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Are there any questions you can not answer? If the question does not apply to you, like a state in the US or a company name then you can also fill out N/A. 

We do need the input from the form, including the checkboxes at the end in order to put you on the map. 

Posted (edited) · Coronavirus: Let's do our part
    4 hours ago, SandervG said:

Hi @up3d, thank you for your message. I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Are there any questions you can not answer? If the question does not apply to you, like a state in the US or a company name then you can also fill out N/A. 

We do need the input from the form, including the checkboxes at the end in order to put you on the map. 

Hi SandervG, I finally got to fill out the form. Thank you

Edited by up3d

Hi All

For any Aussies this is a great initiative Here. Fill in the form and they'll get back to you fairly quick with the details and model to print. It's the 3D printed part of a face shield and it's a 30 minute to 1 hour print and you send a batch to them at a time. They'll even pay $1.50 per item if you wish to cover your filament cost. They also have a Discord site to discuss etc.

• Thanks 1

Sorry, I don't know how all of this works, but is there anyone that can print the NanoHack 2.0 in PLACTIVE and MDflex? If so, I'm interested in purchasing one.

If not, any ideas for where I could find a printer to order from that would use these materials?

Thanks

Edited by Dave10

Not so sure about the map, but there are a bunch of folks in the UK making visors for the NHS: https://github.com/seanmtracey/PPE-Visor-Fabrication-Instructions

(if you're in the UK and have spare printer-time, can you help them out? They also need laser cut acetate and elastic, if you happen to have either of those to hand too)

Hey Sander....I'm printing lots of 'Ear Savers'...they help to prevent care workers ears getting sore from wearing face masks for a long time...not life saving but gives a little comfort! I've attached the file....

See post below for an update and a pic!

EARS8 .7v11.stl

Edited by christech4primary
    update
    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1

Bonjour je cherche de l'aide pour impression de support avec une ulti 3ex en pla buse 0.4

Serait-il possible d'avoir de l'aide

Translated:

Hello I am looking for help printing support with an ulti 3ex in pla nozzle 0.4

Would it be possible to have help

5 hours ago, SandervG said:

Thanks for sharing. Do you have any instructions on how to use them or in combination with what other print or material? 

I should have mentioned that! I'm using PLA. I've changed the design a little based on lots of feedback, I've added extra 'hooks' and fine tuned the thickness to make them as flexible as possible but still retaining strength.

ear protect.jpg

EARS21.3.stl

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ericand1 said:

Bonjour je cherche de l'aide pour impression de support avec une ulti 3ex en pla buse 0.4

Serait-il possible d'avoir de l'aide

Translated:

Hello I am looking for help printing support with an ulti 3ex in pla nozzle 0.4

Would it be possible to have help

Hi @ericand1, what kind of issues are you having or what do you need help with?

Is it related to printing for Covid? Otherwise please open a new thread to find advice. 

Secondly, please write your messages here in English. If you prefer to speak French that is also fine. We have a pretty active French section on our forum.

Hi! I joined a 3D printing community in Luxembourg and we have been manufacturing face shields for hospitals etc. I made a 12-minute-long instructional video explaining in detail how to proceed. All .stl files are available via a dropbox link in the description of the video. We have been working with Ultimaker Cura which is why I am posting here.

The face shield has been designed by a friend of mine and does not need a lot of filament, so it should not take too long to print it. The video is currently also being translated in different languages (so far in German, Arabic and Croatian), so that as many people as possible may produce these shields independently.
    If somebody is interested in this face shield or video, here is the vimeo link:
    https://vimeo.com/405817092FACE_SHIELD_DATA.zip

Edited by Desann2K3
    Forgot to include a link and a zip file.

Hi, can you post the files here too?

Nice!

I am having issues printing in PETG. PLA was a breeze, until I ran out of it. I have tried various temperature ranges from 2:35 up to 250. Reducing the infill. Increasing the build plate temperature to a maximum of 75. I can’t seem to approach the quality of using PLA. Does anybody know why I have so much more debris in my machine with printing PETG? Any help would be appreciated.

8D81B7DA-5703-44E7-BF05-C9A29DFEDF97.jpeg

561832E7-D597-4A98-81A1-D25BEC077384.jpeg

It appears you are using a UM S5?  is this Ultimaker material?  Is it black?  Have you tried a different roll of PETG or other colors?

I have printed generic PETG on both of my UM3 Extended with out problem using the default settings for CPE.  Both clear and white.  I do reduce the travel and jerk settings by about 50% though, because I find the default settings of those parameters too violent.

Perhaps try another print core.  One that has never printed PLA?

Yes a S 5.  It is Overture PETG black.  I ordered two and they print the same. I will try the CPE settings with reduced jerk.  I have included another photo that shows what looks like a shirt but I asked Cura for a brim.  Any thoughts?

IMG_0212.jpeg

Which particular travel and jerk settings?

Hi @SandervG,

I just bought an Ultimaker 2+ (upgraded from a BQ Hephestos 2 that is currently being returned...!) 

I'm based in Limerick, Ireland and am a software developer, part time welder and robotics/electronics hobbyist.

I want to start as soon as the printer arrives and print whatever is most required for PPE.

I've also ordered a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with some servomotors, which I intend to write some scripts to program a robotic arm I'm fabricating in the workshop, in conjunction with octoprint to (attempt) to print PPE 24 hours a day.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2020 at 2:57 PM, christech4primary said:

Nice!

I find that the clear plastic screen drops.....I'm modifying to use magnetic tape to 'capture' the clear screen....it works well! Also, I'm finding it really hard  to get clear plastic sheets....experimenting with 2 x laminating sheets (to add stiffness) through a laminator......and using large coke ( diet!!) bottles....they have the curve already in them and it's the best recycling I can think of!

3 hours ago, gisley said:

Yes a S 5.  It is Overture PETG black.  I ordered two and they print the same. I will try the CPE settings with reduced jerk.  I have included another photo that shows what looks like a shirt but I asked Cura for a brim.  Any thoughts?

Do you have access to any other brands of PETG?  It could be just that particular product. 

Your photo shows a brim around the part for adhesion, just as you ask Cura to do.  If you do not want a brim but rather a couple of lines of material separated from the part for priming the nozzle, choose "Skirt".

3 hours ago, gisley said:

Which particular travel and jerk settings?

Here is my UM3 Ext. profile for printing PETG.  This will not work with your S5, but if you open it with the Notepad application in Windows, you can see all of the settings.

Small Part .6 Nozzle .15 Layer PET.curaprofile

If you would like to post your part file here, I'll be happy to try printing it with the PETG materials I have on hand.  To see the result.

Edited by XYZDesignPro

Thanks here it is.

UMS5_Shield with moved pins.3mf

I opened your profile.  Here is all I got.  Extruder 1 and 2 tabs were blank.

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 4.19.52 PM.png

Cura says it will print in 1hr 55 mins.  I'll let you know.  Where are you on the planet?