Cura will not sync with ultimaker account

conicio

Posted · Cura will not sync with ultimaker account

Same issue as StormFalcon32 here with the ABS.... and I cant seem to Add some Proto-Pasta materials.  Says I added them, but they never appear in UI

• 1 month later...

Same with me. PETG generic is the issue.
    I've disables norton auto-protect & firewall on my computer, I have no other virus checkers
    Plus even though it says it's installed each time PETG generic material is not there to be selected.
    I'm using ABS selection to print PETG, seems to work for now.

33 minutes ago, JonJennings said:

Same with me. PETG generic is the issue.
    I've disables norton auto-protect & firewall on my computer, I have no other virus checkers
    Plus even though it says it's installed each time PETG generic material is not there to be selected.
    I'm using ABS selection to print PETG, seems to work for now.

Note that PETG is not supported by Ultimaker printers (or at least: there are no pre-shipped profiles for it), so it won't appear in the materials list if your active machine is an Ultimaker, regardless of the package being installed or not.

It's an Ultimaker 2+. I just need Cura to import the generic PETG profile correctly. However Ultimaker should  consider supporting PETG, it seems like a a really good material to me.
    Thanks ctbeke 

Look for a CPE profile - I think it's the same material.  Or close enough.  I've been printing PETG on my S5 and using the CPE profile and it works great.  Also I suspect nGen is a similar material so you could use an nGen profile but I don't think there is one.

• Like 1

PETG is a wonderful material.  I find that CPE, NGen, PETG are all very similar and they are the second most easy material to print (PLA is the easiest).  This is partly because of their low softening temperature (which is higher than PLA).  But also other characteristics.  It's a little more flexible than PLA which makes it a very tough material.

As far as I can tell, the only differences you need to worry about from PLA to PETG are: nozzle temp, bed temp, and fan.  Except I use 100% fan I believe (whatever is in the CPE profile).  Nozzle temp and bed temp you can get from the manufacturer.  I raised the bed temp a little bit to get it above the softening temp for my particular spools of filament so that it would stay on the bed better.  But the default profile for CPE seems to work fine for PETG.

I also slowed things down.  I have small prints (smaller than a fist) and so I tend to print all speeds at 35mm/sec.  I also have a lot of printers (7) so I'm usually not in a rush.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gr5 said:

Look for a CPE profile

+1 on gr5's suggestion.

It's an annoying workaround, but I also just use the CPE profile for PETG on an UM2+. If your brand of filament calls for slightly higher temps, try the Nylon profile.

@gr5 - thanks for tips on raising the bed temp & slowing the print speed. PETG likes to string and / or accumulate nozzle boogers, so any tips on reducing those is welcome! 😀 

Note that we fixed the issue where the notification keeps popping up (CURA-7425), to be included in the next release.

• Like 2

Same to me when try to include the generic HIPS. 

1 hour ago, Nathan512 said:

Same to me when try to include the generic HIPS. 

HIPS is also not supported by Ultimaker printers, so even though the generic HIPS profile is in the Marketplace (for other purposes) you won't see it when you have an Ultimaker selected.

Is there a preferred profile to replace Generic HIPS, or FormFutura's EasyFil™ HIPS for that matter? Can I try ABS or something similar?