brianmichalk

Problems printing vertically nested masks

Posted · Problems printing vertically nested masks

SandervG suggested I post about the issue I'm having.

I am trying to increase my printing capacity, and to do that, I need to print multiple masks per session to keep the printer working for a long time without user intervention.

I have printed an array of masks, but I can only fit two on the build plate when they are at the same Z-height.  So, I had the idea of modifying the CAD design so the masks are nestable.  This works great.  I should be able to print about 20 at a time.

The problem however, is that I'm trying to basically print on top of support, where the lower mask is supporting the upper mask.  I am entering the Z-offsets manually, and not all of my Z-gaps are the same.

Other than a new feature, does anyone else have any ideas?  My approach for now is to get the original thickness from the CAD file, and use that, plus the gap thickness, and enter that manually.  This only works for me.  I hope that if others print this nested mask that they can do so with minimal effort.  I use a .7mm nozzle, so my Z-gap is different than someone that uses a .4mm nozzle.

The print I tried last night, the 3rd mask broke off of the second mask, and higher masks did not get printed.  The first and second masks were rigidly attached when I found them this morning, so this is not a plate adhesion problem.

Any help is appreciated.