Jump to content

gradient infill


udir

Recommended Posts

Posted · gradient infill

hello

Is there a way for infill in varies density – high density near the walls (shell), low density in the center of the model? Is it possible to define the level for high / low density?

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · gradient infill

    Hi

    Thanks for your response.

    Unfortunately, I am not in the SW details anymore …

    ·       Can you send me detailed instructions what to do in order to be able to use your infill functionality?

    ·       Does your "Cura-mb-master-win64-20200328.exe" replace the "Cura.exe" with all its functionality?

    ·       I am using Cura 4.5, and my printer is running by arduino - Atmega2560. Can I run your application in this environment?

    ·       PI 4 – means - RASPBERRY PI 4?

    ·       Where should I find the libgles-dev package?

    Thanks a lot

    Udi

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · gradient infill

    Hello,

     

    6 minutes ago, udir said:

    Can you send me detailed instructions what to do in order to be able to use your infill functionality?

     

    There's an experimental setting that turns it on, it has the normal help blurb if you hover your mouse over the setting. Just have a play with it, it's not tricky.

     

    8 minutes ago, udir said:

    Does your "Cura-mb-master-win64-20200328.exe" replace the "Cura.exe" with all its functionality?

     

    It doesn't replace anything (other than one of my previous releases), my releases can live alongside the UM releases.

     

    9 minutes ago, udir said:

    I am using Cura 4.5, and my printer is running by arduino - Atmega2560. Can I run your application in this environment?

     

    I don't see why not.

     

    9 minutes ago, udir said:

    PI 4 – means - RASPBERRY PI 4?

     

    Yes.

     

    But for the PI 4 you need the armhf appimage, not the windows exe. With the appimage, once you have downloaded it onto the PI, make it executable by typing in a terminal chmod +x FILE, where FILE is the name of the AppImage file you downloaded. You should then be able to execute that AppImage from the command line or clicking on it. 

     

    10 minutes ago, udir said:

    Where should I find the libgles-dev package?

     

    In a terminal window type the following to download and install it: sudo apt-get install libgles-dev

     

    Hope this helps, have fun!

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · gradient infill

    HI, I tried your link but it seems its been deleted. Is it possible to reshare it.

    I am searching for a plugin that would specifically give me 2-3 different infill densities across the model.

    Example - Imagine a circle/cylinder, 20% infill density in the middle, 60% at the end and maybe say 40% in between both those infill density. Again this is just an example.

    Even if whats available is not that complex and gives me a range between two infill densities I am okay with testing that.

    Screenshot (76).png

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · gradient infill
    12 minutes ago, Ak_09 said:

    HI, I tried your link but it seems its been deleted. Is it possible to reshare it.

    I am searching for a plugin that would specifically give me 2-3 different infill densities across the model.

    Example - Imagine a circle/cylinder, 20% infill density in the middle, 60% at the end and maybe say 40% in between both those infill density. Again this is just an example.

    Even if whats available is not that complex and gives me a range between two infill densities I am okay with testing that.

    You can do that in regular Cura now!

     

    Just set up your infill at the highest density you'll want, then set Infill > Gradual Infill Steps to how many times you want it to change, and set Gradual Infill Step Height to what distance you want it to change it.

    It counts from the top, so if you had something 20mm high, 2 steps at 5mm height, it would do them at 15mm and 10mm.

    Each step it halves the density of the infill.

     

    For example, here's a 30mm cube set to 60% density with 2 steps at a height of 10mm:

    Top: 60% density

    image.thumb.png.811ed1e0a716114b7afd569d5967f917.png

    10mm-20mm: 30% density

    image.thumb.png.17abe7adef466e6b60063b632d5a65bb.png

    0mm-10mm: 15% density

    image.thumb.png.63d4999e25b29987fea24c5c8eeada09.png

     

    If you need more granular control than that, then you can do it by turning a support blocker into a modifier mesh and changing the properties that way. Let me know if you want the instructions!

     

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    • Our picks

      • UltiMaker Cura 5.8 beta released
        Another Cura release has arrived and in this 5.8 beta release, the focus is on improving Z seams, as well as completing support for the full Method series of printers by introducing a profile for the UltiMaker Method.
          • Like
        • 1 reply
      • Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
          • Thanks
          • Like
        • 3 replies
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...