mrtinfy

Heavy/Large Prints missing steps

Posted · Heavy/Large Prints missing steps

Hi everyone, i notice that in cura whenever i print large/heavy objects speeds up movements in non-printing status, so if the nozzle has to go from one corner to the other it goes somehow way to fast even though my printing speed is at default 60mm/s, this makes the printer miss steps once the object is getting heavier since there is more inertia and also i have a glass bed so it's worst, i have no issue with small lightweight prints, any help would be appreciated since my print failed twice, it got a layer shift half the way through twice in the same spot and its a 29 hour print so very frustrating.

@nallath Would be awesome as a feature that cura slows down non-printing status gradually over the printing time for the next update, what do you think?

Do you mean travel speed? That's already a setting in Cura. You can just lower that a bit if it's too much for your printer.

yes, but is there a way to make it slow down gradually since the object is getting heavier?, lets says the travel speed starts at 150mm/s at the begining of the print, but make it 60mm/s at the end gradually going from 150 to 60 in the course of the print