Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
dhall419

Spongy prints with 4.5 but not with 3.6

Posted · Spongy prints with 4.5 but not with 3.6

I have been using Cura for about 1.5 years and version 3.6 works great.  I got tired having to close the little message about the newest version, so I installed 4.5.  All the prints with 4.5 come out spongy, soft on the sides.  So I made a .5 x .5 block, printed with 3.6, took 13 minutes, sliced it in 4.5 and it only took 10 minutes, this was after I had compared all the settings, that I have coming up.  I know there are many more settings, that I don't use or see. The speed, infill and wall count is set the same, what other settings could be at fault?  Is there a way to do a data dump of all the settings, where I could compare all the settings?  It has to be one that I don't have turned on.

Pictures will not show any difference, it is in the strength of the print.  As far as the print, I measured them, the 3.6 version measured .50, the 4.5 version measured .49.  These were printed with PLA and within 30 minutes of each other. 

What printer are you using?