PET-G Recommendation.

Ishy

Posted (edited) · PET-G Recommendation.

Here's my modifications to Ishy's settings! 

Profile is attached!

NIH Prusa RC3 Remix from 5:50 to 2:51 estimated using these settings. I'm working on bumping speeds up still, but this is a significant improvement. Will post pics of the most recent one. Thanks everyone for their help! If someone knows better on any of these settings please speak up!

Settings exported in Gcode using:

%%$ This setting may not be allowable for water-tightness %%%

; Fill Gaps Between Walls : Nowhere ;saves material and 40min for a NIH RC3

%%% These settings are what matter for quality %%%

; Z Seam Alignment : shortest    ;Z Seam and corner preference seemed to help surface finish on the NIH RC3 hair shield portion
; Seam Corner Preference : z_seam_corner_weighted (Smart hiding)

; Combing Mode : off         ;This prevents stringing, but does increase time. Originally on "Only in skin" but had trouble once I bumped speeds up.

; Fan Speed : 10         ;This helps layer adhesion for PETG
;  Regular Fan Speed : 10

%%% These settings are what my community are using for the Prusa RC3 facesheilds %%%

; Layer Height : 0.3
; Initial Layer Height : 0.3
; Initial Layer Line Width : 100
;  Wall Line Count : 3
; Top Surface Skin Layers : 3
;   Top Layers : 3
;   Bottom Layers : 3
;   Initial Bottom Layers : 3
; Infill Density : 30
; Infill Layer Thickness : 0.3

%%% Print speeds are being worked on seeing how far I can push it, but here is what I have tested working %%% 

; Print Speed : 60
;  Infill Speed : 50
;  Wall Speed : 50
;   Outer Wall Speed : 35
;   Inner Wall Speed : 50
;  Top Surface Skin Speed : 35
;  Top/Bottom Speed : 35
;  Prime Tower Speed : 35
; Initial Layer Speed : 20
;  Initial Layer Print Speed : 20
;  Initial Layer Travel Speed : 83.33333333333333
; Build Plate Adhesion Type : none ;save material during priming

PETG-Fast-Facesheilds.curaprofile

Edited by mhigginsmoy
attached profile
  • Like 1

Posted · PET-G Recommendation.

Sorry if I'm posting too much but I just pushed a few of the numbers as much as I could, and though it's borderline acceptable, I'm curious what EXACT setting is the main one to consider for improving the top layer as shown in the photo.  I got the time down to 2 hr 44 m and though it's ALMOST working, this is what needs adjusting. Any help? I bet it's something simple that I'm just overlooking.   Thanks people 🙂 

93273997_2927908087252896_1239450479847538688_n.jpg

92745887_535422180477392_6615618106909786112_n.jpg

93691595_1561551207337465_2869335962465337344_n.jpg

94016186_605690856688226_187666658968469504_n.jpg

Posted (edited) · PET-G Recommendation.

Hey guys,

I used mhigginsmoy settings from above and they have improved the print greatly on the two UM3s that we have in our mini-farm. We have three Prusa MK2Ss that are running circles around them and performing flawlessly. Not to belittle the Ultimaker, but I believe the week link here is Cura. The files for the Prusa's were sliced using Simplified 3D. And for the life of me, I can't get any gcode from S3D to run on the 3s.

Well down to my real question and dilemma. This is what we are getting from the U3s. A little weakness in the Z. If twisted they crack a little. But it's the zits and voids that I can't get under control. The stringing is a non-issue now.

20200417_100809.jpg

20200417_100854.jpg

Edited by lindseyjusa

You should be able to get quite good quality on the walls with PETG on a UM3.

Example here is a simple tool rack but coming out nice with most of the settings as of the cheat sheet.

IMG_20200226_083747.jpg

IMG_20200226_083911.jpg

Wanted to update with a picture using my settings. Print time is 3:20 for the NIH Prusa. I wasn't able to speed up the print as I had hoped without detriment to the quality - eg layer adhesion. 

IMG_20200422_134212.jpg

IMG_20200422_134203.jpg

• Like 1