Ultimaker Cura 4.6 released

Guest maht

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.6 released

So I have just updated for the first time in months, and though nearly everything is working perfectly my support are now ruining models.

They used to print as a sort of zig zag grid, very easy to pop off the prints, very little excess material, and great support.

Now all my models are printing with insanely thick and solid supports that ate sometimes stronger than the models themselves. All the preview options still show overly strong supports, and they all have an outer shell, the setttings only let me change the inside layout of each support. Like an infill setting.

I can't figure out how to stop this and it's making printing very difficult. Especially since I was forced to uninstall my previous Cura to run the latest.

3 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

You were asked if you wanted to uninstall the previous version; you were not forced.

Really? I was sure it told me I had to uninstall the previous version to install the latest. And regardless I want to keep the latest update! It's obviously been patched for good reason, I just don't know how to solve this issue I'm having.

4 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Check the "Support Wall Line Count" setting. Use the "search" box on top of the custom settings. Try setting it to 0.

My absolute hero! That did it 🙂

And now I now I can find additional settings that don't typically appear in the options list, so thanks for that.

And thanks for replying to both my posts asking the same thing!

I'll be back to printing properly soon. 🙂 

• Like 1

why do I always lose my print profiles and materials when updating (replacing with new version)? why does Cura not update like a normal program??

20 hours ago, Dana said:

why do I always lose my print profiles and materials when updating (replacing with new version)? why does Cura not update like a normal program??

Did you opt to uninstall the previous version of Cura along with the configuration files?

is there that option? every time I update its a new installation and the old version remains until I uninstall it

On 4/28/2020 at 2:07 PM, Dana said:

is there that option? every time I update its a new installation and the old version remains until I uninstall it

Hmm off the top of my head I thought it might ask to uninstall config files when uninstalling the old version, but perhaps I'm wrong there. What if you navigate to your user data directory? Any evidence of old installs in there?

A 4.6.1 patch release is live which fixes some bugs found in the 4.6.0 release:

Z seam placement. Changes to the Simplify() algorithm in 4.6.0 caused Z seam placement issues, which resulted in less-than-perfect results. This has been fixed.

Ender 3 Pro nozzles missing. A lot of issue reports came in about nozzles missing for this machine definition, so we made a fix to stop this happening.

We recommend using 4.6.1 now. Download it here: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/releases/tag/4.6.1

Getting security warnings when downloading Cura 4.6.

Never gotten this before, is anything changed in the way you handle latest version ?

image.png.5ea981da29cfcc5f1bfc1659fb667cbf.png

Updated to 4.6, sliced my print with ironing on and after an ironing layer the flow is not returned to the usual print rate to carry on so the print fails as it doesn’t extrude enough. I have re sliced and restarted but 3 failed prints now and the exact same point. If I manually go into settings on my printer it shows 10% flow and if I increase it back to 100 then the filament does start flowing again but obviously too late. 

is this an issue known or can you think why this is happening?? 

How does the change back to normal flow get represented in the Gcode ? and then I can check if it is returned to normal as I can’t find any m221s in there.

Guest maht
    On 5/5/2020 at 9:43 AM, AndersK said:

Getting security warnings when downloading Cura 4.6.

Never gotten this before, is anything changed in the way you handle latest version ?

image.png.5ea981da29cfcc5f1bfc1659fb667cbf.png

Strange, we sign the Windows builds before release. There's nothing malicious in there, you can check the source code if you like 😉 Will discuss if there's anything we can do to stop that happening.

Not really strange. AV suites  have to make as much as possible non critical false detections for showing a customer that they need those suites. It is how this kind of business work. 😉

Guest maht
    On 5/10/2020 at 3:07 AM, Mine2209 said:

Updated to 4.6, sliced my print with ironing on and after an ironing layer the flow is not returned to the usual print rate to carry on so the print fails as it doesn’t extrude enough. I have re sliced and restarted but 3 failed prints now and the exact same point. If I manually go into settings on my printer it shows 10% flow and if I increase it back to 100 then the filament does start flowing again but obviously too late. 

is this an issue known or can you think why this is happening?? 

How does the change back to normal flow get represented in the Gcode ? and then I can check if it is returned to normal as I can’t find any m221s in there.

Please save a project file (File -> Save...), and attach the .3mf file here so I can try to reproduce it with the same settings as you.

2 hours ago, DivingDuck said:

Not really strange. AV suites  have to make as much as possible non critical false detections for showing a customer that they need those suites. It is how this kind of business work. 😉

Agree at some point, for the home use versions . They always shout "the wolf is coming" but this is enterprise version and actually the first warning I see in about 10 years...

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.6 released

Maybe there aren't a lot of enterprise user using the actual Cura version. (because of ws.reputation:1)

Edited by DivingDuck

I installed 4.6.1 and when trying to add my printer (Monoprice Select) I find no third party printers.  I have removed and re-installed Cura, but for the life of me I cannot get the list of printers to show anything other than the Ultimaker machines.  HELP!  What am i doing wrong?

I have an issue with the progress/print status in the Monitor tab since installing version 4.6.1. It doesn't actually progress according to what I see in Cura Connect or on the printer, it gives a random finish time and the percentage stays stuck at a random value for the whole print. The part below is long done but it still shows that it is printing. What can be done about this?

image.thumb.png.3907caccbdc0106d3955bf96b8ea0200.png

Dear software developers,

You have a persistent issue with the software I want to print the cube with the hallow sphere inside of it. 

When I do visualization the slicing don't see the the hallow sphere, may you please tell/fix this issue. I have many objects with similar work routine and none of them visualize properly.

Example file is uploaded.

Thank you in advance,

Kub.stl

Hello @ROSMES, the problem seems to be that you have two meshes in that file rather than a single mesh. You can achieve what you want if you do the following:

1 - install the Mesh Tools plugin from the marketplace and use the split model into parts option (select model and then right-click to get mesh tools menu).

2 - select the inner part using the object menu in bottom left corner

3 - specify that the part modifies settings for overlaps and remove the infill and walls, etc.

4 - slice and be happy!

Hope this helps.

Screenshot_2020-06-07_11-41-48.thumb.png.69082fbd77ad47aae48884c6f16c52d2.png

59 minutes ago, burtoogle said:

You can achieve what you want if you do the following...

...or remove the checkmark at "Union Overlapping Volumes" (probably easier 🙂)

grafik.thumb.png.cf3e0654514955df1048421b94b615dd.png

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.6 released
    46 minutes ago, tinkergnome said:

...or remove the checkmark at "Union Overlapping Volumes" (probably easier 🙂)

Interestingly, that doesn't work for me... (I did try that first!)

Screenshot_2020-06-07_13-09-27.thumb.png.25935d6410f6d4ff2f5c83ac61d4d4ea.png

Edited by burtoogle

Odd. Works for me without "Union Overlapping Volumes" checked.

image.thumb.png.90a3c1a5196cbc26ebe561f3f6ce83ad.png

On 6/4/2020 at 1:35 PM, loucalabrese said:

I installed 4.6.1 and when trying to add my printer (Monoprice Select) I find no third party printers.  I have removed and re-installed Cura, but for the life of me I cannot get the list of printers to show anything other than the Ultimaker machines.  HELP!  What am i doing wrong?

Same issue, both on Mac and PC. No scrollbar and the tab doesn't close. You have to use the down arrow key to access to other printers.

V.