Not Manifold

Jpmreno

Posted · Not Manifold

I can easily see where the problems are in the stl.  The ones that have the non-manifold problems aren’t really needed as there are many other similar stls out there that will print without any problems.  It’s not worth my time to try to fix one.  Thanks for all the good information.

• 1 month later...
    Posted · Not Manifold
    On 4/26/2020 at 4:36 PM, Ashton20001 said:

Yes, Cura 4.6 opens the file and gives the "Your Model is not manifold" error, but the print seems to come out fine.

Probably because the error is in some place not visible or because it is a very small problem.

In the course of researching this issue, I came across a free online service (Jomatik) that corrects these Holes and other issues with 3D files making them ready for 3D Printing.

Check the following link.

Just drag and drop your file there and it instantly repairs it. Well.... atleast it did mine. 🙂

The file now loads up in Cura without any errors.

https://3d-print.jomatik.de/en/index.php

Hi all, thanks Ashton20001 for the hint, I got spaceship models generated from DoGA CGA, which were non-manifold, and on the 2 exemples I tested, Jomatik solved the issue and the models imported OK into Cura 4.6.2. Now I got to print and see if it's OK. 

Posted · Not Manifold

Hello, I'm a new member and this is my first post. I am using translation and forgive me for mistakes already. I am having a problem with the subject. A friend recommended me to download the 3D Builder plugin. Please export as stl after repair option from this plugin.
    https://www.microsoft.com/tr-tr/p/3d-builder/9wzdncrfj3t6?activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab

Posted · Not Manifold

There are many tools out there to repair STL files.  Dozens.  Maybe 100 tools.  Even Cura has a plugin for some limited repairs.  I've heard good things about this one:

netfabb free repair service is here (you have to create a free account first):
    https://service.netfabb.com/login.php