Nozzle always heats up to 215°C despite settings

nasp

Posted · Nozzle always heats up to 215°C despite settings

Hello,

I'm still pretty new to 3D printing, and testing different software. I must have messed up some Cura setting, because whenever I try to print something, the nozzle heats up to 215°C.

The settings are:

Printing Temperature: 190.0°C

Printing Temperature Initial Layer: 190.0°C

Initial Printing Temperature: 180.0°C

Final Printing Temperature: 175.0°C

Is there another setting I'm missing? Is there something wrong with these ones?

Which version are you using?

It's possible you have something in your start gcode that's heating it up to a different temperature. Check your machine settings and look for values something like this:

M109 S180

Why not try using a PLA profile? It has all the settings preconfigured. If you print from recommended mode (e.g. using Cura 4.6), all the ideal settings for PLA are preconfigured.

Posted (edited) · Nozzle always heats up to 215°C despite settings

I'm using 4.6.0.

Thanks! I have this start code in the machine settings:

G28 
    G1 Z15 F300
    M107
    G90
    M82
    M104 S215
    M140 S55
    G92 E0
    M109 S215
    M107
    G0 X10 Y20 F6000
    G1 Z0.8
    G1 F300 X180 E40
    G1 F1200 Z2
    G92 E0
    G28

I don't remember having edited any of this; I don't know much about gcode, so I don't touch it directly. Can I just delete the M104 and the M109 lines, or could that break something?

(I'm using the General PLA profile with fine settings. The only thing I changed there was the first layer hight, since that is should be 0.3mm, according to my printer's manual (Geeetech A10).)

Edited by nasp

Ah yes I can see it here:

M109 S215

So your start GCODE is telling the nozzle to heat up to 215C. After that, it will be set to the initial layer printing temperature.

If you remove this line, does the problem still occur?

I removed the two lines, and that fixed the issue.  I also removed this one:

M140 S55

because according to a page I found that tells the printer to heat the bed to 55°C, and I don't want that, either.