Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

installing Cura


Retiredtech
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted · installing Cura

Ok I haven't used my printer for a few months. It is not an Utilmaker but I always used Cura before on win 7. Have recently went to a newer computer, Windows 10 pro.

 

I can't get any version of Cura to complete the install and always get the same message. I have downloaded the latest Python...  Would appreciate any help..

Garry

 

cura.JPG.d4e66bd3d412ad451279b9491bfb2f39.JPG

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · installing Cura

    Your Cura is having trouble opening from the application package; having a problem to open the start. Try opening your firewall. I'm not a coder, so I don't really know what's going on, actually, but hope this might help.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · installing Cura

    I think there's a clue in the last lines shown in the error message above. It's got some permission error trying to open a log file. Please make sure that the AppData\Roaming folder exists for that user and it is writable.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · installing Cura
    5 hours ago, Thegladster said:

    Your Cura is having trouble opening from the application package; having a problem to open the start. Try opening your firewall. I'm not a coder, so I don't really know what's going on, actually, but hope this might help.

     

     

    That didn't help I had tried looking at the fire wall and even turning it off.

    Thankks

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted (edited) · installing Cura
    5 hours ago, burtoogle said:

    I think there's a clue in the last lines shown in the error message above. It's got some permission error trying to open a log file. Please make sure that the exists for that user and it is writable.

    It is there and has logs in it.

    But they seem from an earlier install

     

     

    Thanks May be some help

     

     

    Edited by Retiredtech
  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · installing Cura

    Try removing the stdout.log file (but keep the folder in place).

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · installing Cura
    16 hours ago, ahoeben said:

    Try removing the stdout.log file (but keep the folder in place).

    Thanks I'll give it a try.. I just went through all the windows stuff today and is says all my files are fine for the system files. 

     

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · installing Cura
    5 hours ago, Retiredtech said:

    Thanks I'll give it a try.. I just went through all the windows stuff today and is says all my files are fine for the system files. 

     

    Well actually I deleted the whole Cura folder in AppData\Roaming folder. As This was a new install after uninstalling everything I decided there should not be any Cura stranglers.  Worked a charm so thanks....

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    • Our picks

      • The Ultimaker Showcase — October 14. What's new?
        Your dear friends at Ultimaker have some exciting news and insights for you!
         
        • 0 replies
      • New here? Get ahead with a free onboarding course
        Hi,
         
        Often getting started is the most difficult part of any process. A good start sets you up for success and saves you time and energy that could be spent elsewhere. That is why we have a onboarding course ready for
        Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle, Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3 Ultimaker 2+ Connect.   
        They're ready for you on the Ultimaker Academy platform. All you need to do to gain access is to register your product to gain free access. 
        Ready? Register your product here in just 60 seconds.
          • Like
        • 10 replies
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...