Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ShopGeezer

Cura won't print to the full build plate size

Posted · Cura won't print to the full build plate size

I have run into the problem of trying to print large items that are close but not quite the full size of my build plate. My build area is 220mmX220mm.  The model I am trying to print is circular and shows as 210mmX210mm in Cura. However Cura shows the model greyed out and will not slice it. Playing with the scaling function in Cura I can print it at 200mmX200mm but not 205mmX205mm.  It will print at 203mmX203mm but not above that. So Cura is leaving 17mm on each side of the model as a reserve that is non-printable space. This seems excessive. I should be able to print my model full size at 210mmX210mm.  A 10mm reserve is surely enough. 

I have checked my printer settings in Cura and the build surface is set to 220mmX220mm. I don't see anything in the settings that allows me to set a smaller unprintable space on the outside edges. Is there any way to do this?

Try changing the platform adhesion.

Well Duh. Yes it was set to brim. I set to none and it fits.  Thanks a bunch. Completely missed that little detail when I reviewed the profile settings.  

there seems to be an unwated ellement in the stl, see image

stlerror.jpg