Hi from Fast Wheels aprilia factory team

lextor

Posted · Hi from Fast Wheels aprilia factory team

Hi ultimate members,my name is Daniele and i'm team manager of Fast Wheels the team of 4 time world champion supermoto Adrien Chareyre.

I have buyed ultimaker original kit a week ago,because the team produce a limit Chareyre replica for aprilia fan in the world and my goal is to create new airbox not in carbon but using a 3d printer.

With this the bike will be more cheaper for the future clients the carbon airbox is very expensive,but after 1 week the quality of 3d printing is very bad to beginning the project.

I have read a lot of post here about adjust and calibrate the 3d printer,but i need a help to fix my problem.

Thank you and the 3d printing is the future,if i finish the project i share free for all aprilia members and why not i can open a little way for other's :)

Daniele

good morning Daniele !! :-)

Welcome to the ultimaker forum :-)

You are going to get a lot of help here for your project. We will make sure you achieve your goals.

First few tips to get you started...

(1) make sure your pullys are staright aligned and tight.. if you feel there is a lot of play in the rubber belts, then print a few belt tighteners.. found on thingiverse.

(2) buy yourself fine sowing maschine oil on ebay or your local euro shop for 2 euros.. apply a drop each to every axel.

Then move your print head around to get the oil on all the surfaces.

(3) if your model is delicate... print slow and not to warm.. PLA... 200....speed... 50

(4) in Cura use the BRIM option.. that will give your delicate models more foundation on the print bed.

(5) Two cooling fans.. left and rifght on the print hread might be a nice upgrade that should help your fine prints..

this is now standard in the ultimaker 2 but there are boxes of upgrades you can print on thingiverse or youmagine !

Ok they are the first tips... wait... there are more to come... ;-)

Ian :-)

thank you for your info,in cura term a lot of this type of eror during the printing :Error:No Line Number with checksum why?

for the reason that you have descrived in your reply?

thank you for the support

Hi Dianiele

Hello from another newbie

As a massive supermoto fan ( VDB, Chambon Brothers and the Guidon D'or were more my era) i look forward to seeing what you produce.

What material do you plan to use for the airbox.

I am looking into producing support structures to lay carbon fibre over for use on a sprint car airbox.