Overhang Support???

IBBRAZIL10

Posted · Overhang Support???

Corner block for strap clamp.STLI am new to 3d printing and was successful until I started messing with the settings in Cura. I am trying to print this part(Corner Block) but in Cura the overhang is turned into a angle  I'm assuming the 60 deg. that is set in Cura, How can I fix this?  Another issue I have had is that this Wing part (WR2) has a rectangular tube running thru it that I cant get Cura to recognize. It gets filled with the inner support structure. I have 3 left and 3 right parts to print all with the same rectangular tube running thru them.

Any advise and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

WR2.stl

You're looking for the "support overhang angle" option in the support section.

Concerning your 2nd problem: your .stl is not manifold which can cause random failures when slicing. Here's a screenshot of your model highlighting the faulty vertices.

Zwischenablage17.jpg

try setting surface mode normal  and slicing tolerance exclusive, also make sure print thin walls is ticked.

But you do have some errors in the normals, In cura,top right, goto marketplace and download the mesh tools to show these errors.

I have attached the project file i use tfor printing the 3dlabprint files.

wing.png

PI3_WR2.3mf

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IBBRAZIL10 said:

Another issue I have had is that this Wing part (WR2) has a rectangular tube running thru it that I cant get Cura to recognize. It gets filled with the inner support structure.

I'm sure these parts are meant to be printed without infill. And don't forget:

Thanks obewan and tinkergnome

obewan your file wouldn't open. I did download Mesh tools and got the rectangular tube to be recognized. played around with different settings had it looking good tried to change infill density and it greyed out at 25 percent cant change it. wanted to lower it trying to get print below 24hrs. At 25 percent will be to heavy . What infill pattern would you recommend? Any thoughts??

Brian

What about the Cura profile and printing instructions from 3DLabPrint? I assume they know best how to print their models.

https://3dlabprint.com/faq/cura-not-slicing-with-internal-structures/

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Overhang Support???
    5 hours ago, IBBRAZIL10 said:

Thanks obewan and tinkergnome

obewan your file wouldn't open. I did download Mesh tools and got the rectangular tube to be recognized. played around with different settings had it looking good tried to change infill density and it greyed out at 25 percent cant change it. wanted to lower it trying to get print below 24hrs. At 25 percent will be to heavy . What infill pattern would you recommend? Any thoughts??

Brian

did you try opening the file in cura ?

Infill needs to be set at 0% otherwise it will destroy your internal structure.

Print time is around 3 hours btw with single wall

Edited by obewan

yes it says it cant open that type of file,  Wow 3 hrs would be awesome