'Bubble' lines, a Cura settiings issue?

rfresh737

Posted (edited) · 'Bubble' lines, a Cura settiings issue?

I'm not sure if my print problem is related to my Cura settings or something related to my bed/printer itself (nozzle/bed distance, etc.).

This is a soap dish I created in openscad. When I print the first layer it looks great. But the second and third layers show some PLA lines that look like a 'bubble' effect. I don't know what is causing this.

I tried two different filaments, gray and yellow with the same results. The gray photo shows the first layer, which prints almost perfectly. The yellow photo shows the second layer and the start of the third layer. These layers don't lay down smoothly like the first layer.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can adjust/change to eliminate this 'bubble' effect?

Thank you...

20200601_173614.jpg

20200601_163207.jpg

Edited by rfresh737

Posted · 'Bubble' lines, a Cura settiings issue?

I have an Ender 3 Pro. As you know, Cura has printer configuration preselects. I selected Cura, so it should be configured correctly.

The Ender 3 Pro comes with a 0.4 mm nozzle. I checked the print speed and it's set to 50mm per second. Does that sound correct?

I've been doing some testing and I've determined via testing that I needed to increase my speed. I've also adjusted my first layer speed (actually slowed it down some). I also lowered my nozzle temp from 200 down to 180.

My default speed was 50 (as setup in the Ender 3 Pro selection) and I've been increasing it 5 per test. I'm at speed 70.

Thus far, I would say the second layer looks 80% better than before. I'll keeping tweaking and testing.

Thanks for your help.

I had the exact same issue, and I noticed that if I immediately printed again then the print was perfect.  I think I had skin oil on the BuildTak surface I was printing on which caused localized severe adhesion issues.  Maybe try a quick back to back test?

For me: I was printing .2mm high by Xmm by Ymm flat squares to test ABL.  I noticed that my first print after messing with the build surface would have that issue, and initially I thought maybe the print head was high or my leveling mesh was wrong... but then I noticed that without changing anything the next identical re-print would be perfect.  Things would stay perfect until I enlarged the square or moved it and I might see the issue again.  Now I'm just really careful with the surface and I don't see the issue very often.

HTH