Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
  • Sign Up
ubuntuman

A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN

Hi Guys

i Cura 4.6.1 i try to go down wards as u can see in the picture

In the per model setting to modify my added settings in the list but i cant
Because simply they are dow and i cant select them . there is no scroll down !!
so any one has a suggestion for no-existing scroll down ?

 

 

Screenshot from 2020-06-02 16-04-13.png

Edited by ubuntuman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN

by the way i use ubuntu as operating system , so this is linux distribution of cura 4.6.1

 

 

 

 

Screenshot from 2020-06-02 16-05-54.png

Edited by ubuntuman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN

Using the PI 4 build, I get the following behaviour...

 

If I add enough per-model settings, I get a scroll bar to access them. Like this...

 

Screenshot_2020-06-02_16-03-34.thumb.png.3368e79830b5209fb7cd1dc92e6b26ae.png

 

But if I make the Cura window less tall, I can no longer access the bottom of that dialog...

 

Screenshot_2020-06-02_16-03-47.thumb.png.a69ee03fe7d394b7e0108dd1ebe4d8ed.png

 

Can you make the Cura window taller?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN
8 minutes ago, burtoogle said:

Using the PI 4 build, I get the following behaviour...

 

If I add enough per-model settings, I get a scroll bar to access them. Like this...

 

Screenshot_2020-06-02_16-03-34.thumb.png.3368e79830b5209fb7cd1dc92e6b26ae.png

 

But if I make the Cura window less tall, I can no longer access the bottom of that dialog...

 

Screenshot_2020-06-02_16-03-47.thumb.png.a69ee03fe7d394b7e0108dd1ebe4d8ed.png

 

Can you make the Cura window taller?

 

 

 

what is the PI 4 build?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN
Just now, burtoogle said:

 

Thank you 

but i use ubuntu and cura 4.6.1

and in the second picture in my second reply above ,i make cura window to be full screen but still not working 

 

I still dont have scroll down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN
1 hour ago, ubuntuman said:

by the way i use ubuntu as operating system , so this is linux distribution of cura 4.6.1

 

 

 

 

Screenshot from 2020-06-02 16-05-54.png

 

 

Have a look 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN

I think this is a fundamental limitation which is a consequence of how they have implemented the UI. I can't think of a workaround. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN

I have a workaround which I will describe how to do later but in the meantime, here's a picture to show what I did...

 

Screenshot_2020-06-02_18-20-28.thumb.png.9a396f9eb16e33616cc20aa04673299c.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN

Here's what you do...

 

1 - extract the contents of your AppImage file by specifying the --appimage-extract option. This extracts into squashfs-root.

 

2 - download and unzip the attached Toolbar.zip.

 

3 - copy the replacement Toolbar.qml to squashfs-root/usr/bin/resources/qml/Toolbar.qml

 

4 - run the patched Cura by executing squashfs-root/AppRun

 

Hope this helps.

 

 

Toolbar.zip

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN

Hi @ahoeben, you're a QML wizard. Can you suggest a means whereby the anchor position for that tool panel can be changed based on the position of the tool button selected? I'm thinking it would be nice if the top 3 tools (Move, Scale & Rotate) anchored the panel at the top (like it currently does) and then the following tools (per-model settings and anything else that comes later) could anchor at the bottom of their panel like I have done in my modded Toolbar.qml. I tried using conditional expressions but couldn't make it work. Any ideas?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN
15 minutes ago, burtoogle said:

Here's what you do...

 

1 - extract the contents of your AppImage file by specifying the --appimage-extract option. This extracts into squashfs-root.

 

2 - download and unzip the attached Toolbar.zip.

 

3 - copy the replacement Toolbar.qml to squashfs-root/usr/bin/resources/qml/Toolbar.qml

 

4 - run the patched Cura by executing squashfs-root/AppRun

 

Hope this helps.

 

 

Toolbar.zip 1.96 kB · 0 downloads

 

how to extract the AppImage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN

By adding the --appimage-extract option to the command line after the appimage name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN

and how to delete the extrated files in case i want to delete them?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN
23 minutes ago, burtoogle said:

By adding the --appimage-extract option to the command line after the appimage name.

 

 

It works 

Thank you 

and how to delete the extracted files in case i want to delete them?

 

Screenshot from 2020-06-02 21-03-46.png

Edited by ubuntuman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN

and is there a way to report ultimaker team  about this bug ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN
3 minutes ago, ubuntuman said:

and how to delete the extracted files in case i want to delete them?

 

You're kidding, aren't you?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · A PROBLEM IN THE FITTING ON THE SCREEN
1 minute ago, ubuntuman said:

and is there a way to report ultimaker team  about this bug ?

 

Sure, but don't worry, I will follow this up with UM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...