Maybe you can print this, 'cos I can't

thathollywood

Posted · Maybe you can print this, 'cos I can't

Hi - new to the Ultimaker but would love someone to try and print these STL files.

They've been created via Processing and are representations of music.

I've seen similar work created on the Replicator2 but I'm stumped as to how to print successfully on the Ultimaker.

Link here > https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9b06av8vd0ipnx/Archive.zip

Nine%20Inch%20Nails_Terrible%20Lie_293002%20copy.jpg

Any help with settings would be a great help - if even possible!

Thanks

M

Hi - new to the Ultimaker but would love someone to try and print these STL files.

They've been created via Processing and are representations of music.

I've seen similar work created on the Replicator2 but I'm stumped as to how to print successfully on the Ultimaker.

Link here > https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9b06av8vd0ipnx/Archive.zip

Nine%20Inch%20Nails_Terrible%20Lie_293002%20copy.jpg

Any help with settings would be a great help - if even possible!

Thanks

M

Those are some funky looking models indeed...

Test-2 and Test-4, should be quite printable...

Would it matter anything for the aesthetic/idea of the model if Test-2 was extruded down to the Y-X plane?

That is, make the model sort of a block extending upwards in the z direction from the x, y, 0 plane, rather than being a thin uneven plane as it is now.... I believe that would make it much easier to print.

Either in that same orientation or rotated 90 degrees onto its side (choose the side that results in the least dramatic overhangs)

For Test-4 you should use some support settings, or better yet, cut the model in half and print each part separately as a "hill", gluing the two parts together when finished...

It's under "Expert -> Open Expert Settings...". And yes, that's what it's called and no, I have no idea why it's still called that. It really needs to be changed to something more appropriate. I'm guessing daid named it that during testing and never changed it when it was released.