Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
awmdaj

marlin code

Posted · marlin code

I want to remodel 3D printer.
But I am having a hard time understanding marlin code.

I want to know the address of a site where I can view Code interpretation or courses.
Can you help me?

Posted · marlin code

Do you truly need to change the logic?  Or just some of the configuration files?  When you change the printer mechanically, you should normally only have to edit one file: Configuration.h.  It should have everything in there and well commented.  Very very simple.  Like if the steps/mm change from 200 to 180 you just change it from 200 to 180.

• Thanks 1

Posted · marlin code

Anyway, the language that Marlin uses is C++ but mostly it uses C features.  C++ has more features (like classes) but Marlin doesn't use a lot of classes.  So Marlin is simpler in that way so you could take a course in C.  Or maybe it's taught in Kahn acadamy or code.org.  There are probably hundreds of courses on C.

• Thanks 1

Posted · marlin code

thank you for the reply.
I have a knowledge of C language. In addition, individual device control for the Arduino is also possible.
However, 3D printers are complex and difficult.
I don't know which code to look at first, so I want to know the central code.

Posted · marlin code

Well I could lecture about how Marlin works for 100 hours so I'm not going to explain much here.  You'll have to be more specific.  Are you hoping to do something simple like add a menu entry and  have it change one parameter (like adjust Z position while printing).  Or something hard like rewrite the path planner?  You should probably explain your goal to start with.

• Like 1

Posted · marlin code

I would like to upgrade my 3D printer from single nozzle to triple nozzle. And I want to protect the device in case of error by installing two limit switches for each axis.

Posted · marlin code

Oh.  Yeah that sounds really really complicated.  @tinkergnome - does Marlin allow 3 nozzles in the newer Marlin's?  @awmdaj - what kind of printer is this?  Do you know where the source code is?  There are many many flavors and versions of Mariln and you should start with the source code for the printer you have now.