UMS3 Solex hardcore stringing and oozing

Posted · UMS3 Solex hardcore stringing and oozing

Hi all,

I recently bought a Solex hardcore, the first print with a 0.4 nozzle were perfect.

I adhered to the temp settings for the first hours and only printed with PLA.

Now after a few days the print became very stringy and it seems like the nozzle leaks. The nozzle is on thight and is changed with the nozzle change tool as recommended.

I changed the nozzle yesterday to a clean 0.4 and same issue only after 8 hours of printing (PLA 205°C).

I have played with the temp settings, lowered 10° in steps without any result.

Anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong?

See pictures

IMG_20200618_232217.jpg

IMG_20200619_090313.jpg

IMG_20200619_090319.jpg

IMG_20200619_091021.jpg

IMG_20200619_091043.jpg

Just now, JASON128 said:

Dry your filament?

Filament is stored in drybox with for the moment 34% humidity

It can be ofcourse, but it would seem strange. Especially I have this with both PLA and PETG

I asked, as I have just dealt with the same issue. Was printing great, and deteriorated over a week.

try drying it in the a kitchen over overnight.

easy thing to rule out.

Will do, it is idd something quite easily to rule out.
    But just printed a stringing test with retraction of 2mm instead of 6.5mm (default cura) and the towers were perfect. So I'm thinking that retraction has a lot to do with it, the solex cores have 2 holes instead of one in the core.