Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
manfred-man

Cura 13.11.2 Problem with Brim

Hey Ultimaker,

i started printing (Cura 13.11.2) some parts and i was wondering what is wrong with my brim, it doesn't touch the part.

I checked the same part and settings with Cura 13.10 and what should i say, with Cura 13.10 it works.

Look at my screenshots

Cura 13.11.2 (Brim doesn't touch the part)

Brim 13.11.2

Cura 13.10 (Brim touches the part)

Brim 13.10

It's only when using "Brim" and Support "Touching Buildplate."

So i have to use Cura 13.10 for some parts until this problem is solved.

Interesting, might have something to do with the new "brim goes around the support" feature. Which model are you printing? As when I try to reproduce this on my test models the brim nicely touches the print object.

Interesting, might have something to do with the new "brim goes around the support" feature. Which model are you printing? As when I try to reproduce this on my test models the brim nicely touches the print object.

Yes, you're right.

I noticed the same problem yesterday. On a piece where I need support, If I choose to have support (everywhere or touching buildplate), the brim is not touching the part except few points. However it's touching the support =)

if I disable the support, the brim touches the part again as expected (but I can't print it without support :( )

It seems to me that when support is activated, the brim is following the larger profile of the piece at any height, that is the perpendicular projection of the piece on the bed.

My guess is that if you'd try to print a pyramid bottom-up, the brim would be a big square, same size than the base of the pyramid (and very far from touching the tip of it).

Is there any progress on this problem. I'm using Cura 14.09 and I'm having this exact problem. I.e. Choosing brim and support at the same time causes the brim to be offset by a few mm.

'Touching buildplate' and 'Everywhere' and both cause this problem.

Is there any progress on this problem. I'm using Cura 14.09 and I'm having this exact problem. I.e. Choosing brim and support at the same time causes the brim to be offset by a few mm.

'Touching buildplate' and 'Everywhere' and both cause this problem.

Made some adjustments for this in the latest beta:

http://software.ultimaker.com/Cura_closed_beta/