Croat

Vinko

Hello Mr. gr5,

I try to 3d print, in dual extrusion, two color vase as You can see in attachment.Dimensions  are 152mmx89mmx89 mm.

Printing materials are two colours PETG. There is a problem with Cura 4.5 settings prime tower size ,

and prime tower minimum volume. I have tried many variants of settings but second extruder  not works properly.Filament drops down inside the prime tower. Also the height of prime tower is only half of vase height.

Please can You help me with those settings.

Yours gratefully

Vinko Delic

girl vase blue.png

I don't have dual-nozzle printers, so I can't help with your question.

However, another thing: if you want the vase to be water-tight, be sure to print it slow and in very thin layers. In thick layers of 0.3mm this filter housing had lots of tiny holes, through which the water jetted out. In 0.06mm layers, it was perfectly water-tight. I printed this in a single material (PLA); but dual materials is even more difficult to get watertight.

vacuumfilter5.thumb.jpg.476398dcc6d3f1f76a56d1f735626570.jpg

10 hours ago, Vinko said:

There is a problem with Cura 4.5 settings prime tower size ,

and prime tower minimum volume.

What exactly is the problem with these two settings?

I have tried many variants of settings but second extruder  not works properly.Filament drops down inside the prime tower.

It behaves like that since several Cura versions. So i guess it's simply the intended way (since the switch to a round prime tower?) and seems to work fine (usually).

Also the height of prime tower is only half of vase height.

Well, the prime tower ends at the height of the last tool change. That's normal. The upper part of the model will be continuously printed with a single extruder, right?

BTW: i assume you will get more attention for your question if the topic would have a more descriptive title... 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1