Active level couild not be performed - please check nozzles and try again **since latest firmware

Link

Posted (edited) · Active level couild not be performed - please check nozzles and try again **since latest firmware

I seem to be getting this error more since the latest firmware update to my S5, i saw it very occasionally before and would simply just start the print again and it would be fine, but since the update it am getting it more often, again, all i do is start the print again and it works so it's not a mechanical issue. Obviously the print cores are clean etc etc

i notice when it fails it tries to probe the second core and doesn't even get very close to the bed before aborting, an ideas ?

**** update, looks like one of the wires (white one) to the sensor has come off, no idea what it works some of the time, anyway, anyone had to repair this ??, is it an easy job ? ****

Edited by Link
  • Like 1

Posted · Active level couild not be performed - please check nozzles and try again **since latest firmware

ok, so fixed the wire,  you need to take the print head bottom portion off, and then be really careful not to to damage the connector on the sensor when you remove the old bit of wire. Not sure why it broke, but a quick Google seems to show it happens quite a lot as the wire bends every time the print head cover is opened.... i suspect i will need to do this again at some point 

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
      Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
    • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
      (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
      All UltiMaker S series  
      New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
      • 0 replies