Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

OctoPrint Plug-In: X/Y/Z Axis Movement


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · OctoPrint Plug-In: X/Y/Z Axis Movement

Ender 5 Plus w/SKR 1.4 Turbo, Marlin bugfix-2.0.x, Cura 4.6.1/Windows, OctoPrint plug-in 3.5.14, OctoPrint 1.4.0 on a Raspberry Pi 4 running Buster.

 

Not sure exactly what's happening here, but when I click the left or right arrows in the jog position control in Cura w/OctoPrint plug-in, this GCode appears on the terminal:

Send: G91
Recv: ok P15 B7
Send: G0 X-0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0 F3000
Recv: ok P15 B7
Send: G90
Recv: ok P15 B7

So nothing happens ... the hotend doesn't move. When I click the forward or backward arrows, the hotend moves as expected. However ...

 

When I click the Z down arrow, I get this:

Send: G91
Recv: ok P15 B7
Send: G0 X10.0 Y0.0 Z-10.0 F3000
Recv: ok P14 B7
Send: G90
Recv: ok P14 B7

Both the X and Z axes move; the bed moves up and the hotend moves to the right. And when I click the Z up arrow, I get this:

Send: G91
Recv: ok P15 B7
Send: G0 X-10.0 Y0.0 Z10.0 F3000
Recv: ok P14 B7
Send: G90
Recv: ok P14 B7

The bed moves down and the hotend moves to the left.

 

Can't say I remember this happening before. The control buttons in OctoPrint itself all work normally.

 

Weird, huh?

Edited by DodgeDeBoulet
  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · OctoPrint Plug-In: X/Y/Z Axis Movement

    Sorry, that's a bug which slipped through testing last time 'round. I have fixed the bug, but have not yet published a new version of the plugin.

     

    You could help me by testing this development snapshot. Download the file and drop it onto the buildplate in Cura as if you were opening a 3d model. It would be great if you could let me know if this bug is fixed, and if the plugin works as expected in general.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · OctoPrint Plug-In: X/Y/Z Axis Movement
    5 hours ago, ahoeben said:

    Sorry, that's a bug which slipped through testing last time 'round. I have fixed the bug, but have not yet published a new version of the plugin.

     

    You could help me by testing this development snapshot. Download the file and drop it onto the buildplate in Cura as if you were opening a 3d model. It would be great if you could let me know if this bug is fixed, and if the plugin works as expected in general.

     

    Hi @ahoeben,

     

    Sorry, it looks like I'm getting exactly the same results with the development snapshot, and when I look at the version information it still shows version 3.5.14 in both the configuration dialog and the store "installed" list. I also tried removing the plugin, restarting Cura, and dragging the download onto the buildplate again but that didn't make any difference.

     

    Is there anything else I can do to help you debug this?

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · OctoPrint Plug-In: X/Y/Z Axis Movement

    It looks like I somehow gave you the link to the current version instead of the development snapshot. Here is the development snapshot I meant to post. The version - as shown in the Connect to OctoPrint dialog - should be 3.5.15-DEV.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · OctoPrint Plug-In: X/Y/Z Axis Movement
    1 hour ago, ahoeben said:

    It looks like I somehow gave you the link to the current version instead of the development snapshot. Here is the development snapshot I meant to post. The version - as shown in the Connect to OctoPrint dialog - should be 3.5.15-DEV.

     

    This one's a keeper!

     

    It moves exactly the way I'd expect it to, including honoring the perverted Z inversion I've enabled in OctoPrint 😁

     

    Thanks!

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · OctoPrint Plug-In: X/Y/Z Axis Movement
    44 minutes ago, DodgeDeBoulet said:

    including honoring the perverted Z inversion I've enabled in OctoPrint

     

    (that's how the bug came to be; I made a silly copy/paste error while implementing that feature)

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · OctoPrint Plug-In: X/Y/Z Axis Movement
    12 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

     

    (that's how the bug came to be; I made a silly copy/paste error while implementing that feature)

     

    Satisfying my perversions almost always gets someone into trouble 😆

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    • Our picks

      • Ultimaker turns 10: A look back
        Ultimaker is turning 10 years old and that means it is story telling time! We'll explore 2010-2014, traveling through the evolution of the business from the Protobox and Ultimaker Original, to the major leaps forward with the Ultimaker 2 and Ultimaker 3.
          • Like
        • 0 replies
      • Ultimaker Transformation Summit
        Visit our virtual showroom and learn more about the Ultimaker ecosystem!
        • 14 replies
      • New here? Register your Ultimaker for free 3D printer onboarding course
        Hi,
         
        Often getting started is the most difficult part of any process. A good start sets you up for success and saves you time and energy that could be spent elsewhere. That is why we have a onboarding course ready for
        Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle, Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3 Ultimaker 2+ Connect.   
        They're ready for you on the Ultimaker Academy platform. All you need to do to gain access is to register your product to gain free access. 
        Ready? Register your product here in just 60 seconds.
          • Like
        • 4 replies
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...