Can't select any objects

homernl82

Posted · Can't select any objects

I think the problem is not constant. I can work for hours without any problems but on other days, I have to do my workaround every second or third action I do on the object.

That's interesting... you're "open a plugin dialog box" work around does not work for me.  The only plugin I have is Auto Orientate. Maybe you have a plugin that does something different?

I use the Custom Printjob Naming plugin and it works well.

It was not my idea to go this way, it was found out my someone else here. So thanks for this work around.

The "Custom Printjob Naming" plugin does do the trick.  I can't select an object, I open the "Custom Printjob Naming" plugin dialog box, click "Cancel", and then I can select objects.  Maybe that info will help the developers?

2 minutes ago, flyntm said:

Maybe that info will help the developers?

They know it already.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:22 AM, hviidcom said:

I have MacOS 11.0 - Cura 4.8 - and fixed it with - Adding Cura to "Security & Privacy" - "Privacy" - "Full Disk Access"

image.thumb.png.7edd03b478871c18dd2cf608ff10b5d3.png 

This worked for me. Thanks

Big Sur 11.1. 2019 16" Macbook Pro

This is an incredibly frustrating issue. Full Disk Access did not resolve it for me, and the dialog workaround also does not do the trick. The only thing that works is quitting Cura and opening it again.

Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29)

I hope this is fixed asap.

FYI in my case the permissions didn't work. Per the other topic I could get it to work by opening the modify gcode popup and then close it.

I wish I had never upgraded to big sur my VBox is down too now 😞

On 1/5/2021 at 12:22 PM, hviidcom said:

I have MacOS 11.0 - Cura 4.8 - and fixed it with - Adding Cura to "Security & Privacy" - "Privacy" - "Full Disk Access"

You just made my day!!!  I was going crazy having to save and reopen each time I add a second object. Thanks

Hi - 

I followed this and almost thought I managed to get it working but my excitement was short lived.  I have two issues, as they are intermitted I can only assume they are bugs;

1.) After adding support blockers (either to block support, generate support and custom define settings for certain area) preview is not available from time to time.  The only 'consistency' I could find in this glitch was that this occurred whenever custom supports are added in the PREPARE MODE before slicing and preview.  

My workaround:

• Open model
    • Slice model
    • PREVIEW model
    • While in PREVIEW mode, add support.
    • Now when slicing again, changes are visible and PREVIEW works.

2.) After adding the first custom support, the new object is 'clickable' and can be moved using the Mouse/Trackpad. After adding a SECOND support blocker, the objects can only be selected in the object list.  The major concern here is that yu can no longer move the object with the mouse/trackpad.  You can manually enter co-ordinates. This is kind of besides the point as no changed settings seems to have an affect (from the second model onwards) which is clearly visible when slicing and preview.

My workaround (Sadly the only thing I could find to work):

• As per above
    • Add support blocker (for what ever purpose) 
    • Change settings as required
    • Slice.
    • Save File.
    • Quit Cura
    • Relaunch Cura and open using "import models"
    • Add second support blocker and repeat process.
    • .... Live, Die, Repeat..... 😕 

Hope someone else has a better solution (or can tell me I am utterly stupid and doing something very obvious very wrong) to these bugs... quite annoying to be honest.

Kind Regards,

Friedl. (Cura 4.8.0 on OSx) 

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 21.36.08.png

another user that created an account just to acknowledge that this fixed the issue for me.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 2:22 AM, hviidcom said:

Thanks this fixed it for me as well.  I just upgraded to Big Sur and not being able to point and drag models around was a real drag!

Richard

Hi @hviidcom. Many thanks for this, it really fixes the issue - at least in my case it did.

I gave up trying to solv e it and then you've made my day! Hats off!

On 1/5/2021 at 5:22 AM, hviidcom said:

This worked for me. The people that said " I use a Mac and it works for me" Thanks for NOT helping. Go back to Twitter fools..

Posted (edited) · Can't select any objects
    4 hours ago, 2AFTLLC said:

This worked for me. The people that said " I use a Mac and it works for me" Thanks for NOT helping. Go back to Twitter fools..

Maybe those people used Cura 4.9.0? We upgraded a number of things so big sur would be supported better.

Also; as a developer, knowing that it doesn't occur with everyone is actually a helpful bit of information.

Edited by nallath
    • Like 1

I'm having the same problem with 4.9 and 4.9.1 on Catalina.  Fortunately 4.8 behaves normally, so I'm glad I always save older versions of software when upgrading - otherwise I'd have to use one of those other slicers.

It seems like it's not registering mouse clicks correctly: I can't select a model, and when I choose one from the object list, clicking the big, colorful move arrow unselects it.  Also, scrolling and moving the print bed behaves very strangely: it pivots on seemingly random spots in space, sometimes clicking on one of the arrows to move a model causes the entire bed to jump almost out of view to the upper right.  On top of that the build plate shows a lot of artifacts, especially when I rotate it - I'll attach a screen shot and a short screen recording in a zip file.

None of the fixes listed in this thread have helped: selecting a plugin, slicing, granting full disk access.  An earlier post mentioned that the python version could be a problem.  /usr/bin/python is 2.7.6 but my default is /opt/local/bin/python, version 3.9.4, from MacPorts.

I'm a professional techie so if there's anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out.  I'll be glad to play debugger.  (I do it at work, so why not at home, right?)

Thanks!

-Jason

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 2.18.11 AM.png

cura-4.9.1-artifacts.mov.zip

3 hours ago, jasons said:

An earlier post mentioned that the python version could be a problem.  /usr/bin/python is 2.7.6 but my default is /opt/local/bin/python, version 3.9.4, from MacPorts.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 2.18.11 AM.png

cura-4.9.1-artifacts.mov.zip 5.39 MB · 0 downloads

That's definately not part of the solution. We bundle cura with a specific version of python and that is the one it uses.

Could you also report this on our github? It's a lot easier for us to keep track like that.

As a @jasons mentioned, the problem is in bad registered mouse pointer. In my case, this is caused by multiple monitors attached to the my macbook (or by reattaching monitors?). Application must be opened on "right" display (don't known on what depends it), then it should work properly.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2021 at 4:01 AM, mwenghi said:

As a @jasons mentioned, the problem is in bad registered mouse pointer. In my case, this is caused by multiple monitors attached to the my macbook (or by reattaching monitors?). Application must be opened on "right" display (don't known on what depends it), then it should work properly.

Thanks for this! I've been having this issue on Mojave. Since I could click on all UI elements other than the actual model and model transforms menu, I never suspected the mouse inputs. Moved the Cura application winddow to my default monitor and everything immediately started working.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Can't select any objects

I have never had this issue with 4.9, but now I use Arachne beta, and I got this really annoying bug, need to exit and restart Acura after only few minutes.

- Full Disk Access" did not solve the problem.

- The "Custom Printjob Naming" plugin doesn’t do the trick ( in fact has worked one times  )

- I don’t have external monitors 

Edited by iPa

I am not 100% sure but the problem with the mouse pointer, was fixed in one of the latest Cura versions, but I guess the fix was not merged yet into the Arachne branch. 

Always keep in mind that the Arachne is BETA and even if it is working well for most people it is still an early beta version. I am sure all the fixes in the official Cura branch will be merged to Arachne before the release or in one of the next beta versions.

On 7/23/2021 at 1:46 PM, Smithy said:

I am not 100% sure but the problem with the mouse pointer, was fixed in one of the latest Cura versions, but I guess the fix was not merged yet into the Arachne branch. 

Exactly, issue #8745 closed

"the issue is resolved by the upgrade of Qt to 5.15"

Hope for the next beta released 😀

hello,

i am on 11.5.2 Big sur and ultimaker Cura 4.11.0 and I have the same problem.

i test the differents solutions but no result. 

😞