Weird Skin Tags Ruining My Print's Finish

Posted · Weird Skin Tags Ruining My Print's Finish

Hey all, I recently got an Ultimaker S5 and have been trying to print this specific part as perfectly as possible. This specific print does have about a 60 degree overhang and because of that I have been printing it using pva support. This is my first dual extrusion printer so I do not have any experience using pva. This is where my problem arises. I don't know if it is happening when the print head comes from the prime tower to the print or the other way around, but there are very definite "skin tags" in the direction of the prime tower. I have included a photo so you all can see what I mean.

Does anybody have an idea how I can stop this? Is this normal? Should I disable the prime tower or will that cause more problems with my print? Should I just try and print the 60 degree overhang without any support? I'm looking for advice because the material I am using is very expensive and I can't afford to keep producing flawed prints. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

IMG-4964.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 13 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies