Suggestions for the Cura improvement

That0126

Posted · Suggestions for the Cura improvement

Hi. Hope you are well.

As one of the Cura user, I sincerely appreciate the time and effort of your team involved in improving the free slicing software for everyone.

I am using Cura 4.6.2, and I have some suggestions for the Cura improvement for better printing experience.

1. Crossline in prime tower

In dual nozzle printing, sometimes, the 2nd nozzle extrudes the material in the air during prime tower printing. I found a reply says that the extruded material from the 2nd nozzle will be dropped into the basket, but in case the height of the basket is not enough (0.2~10 mm), 2nd nozzle movement makes tumbleweed by extruded material while prime tower printing, and it is dragged to the prints.

-suggestion: I would appreciate it if you add a crossline to the inside of the circle tower.

2. Nozzle switch retraction prime speed

In nozzle switch, PVA(in 2nd nozzle) is primed around 5 seconds as the 'nozzle switch retraction prime speed', but the rest of the retracted length is primed too fast. It often causes filament grinding or filament bending in extruder.

-suggestion: I hope I can set the 'nozzle switch retraction prime speed' slower to secure enough 'prime time' so that the retracted filament can be pushed to the end of the nozzle slowly. (It will be good if the 'Nozzle switch retraction extra prime speed' is also same with it)

3. Printing speed control for every initial layer of the bottoms.

-suggestion: I hope I can reduce the printing speed of every initial layer of the bottoms to secure better PLA adhesion on PVA (or PVA adhesion on PLA). I used to set the top/bottom printing speed slower, but it increases the printing time very much.

Personally one thing i would like to see made better is the support blocker, Just for a start having other shapes than the cube could greatly help, eg cylinder this would help stop support for round holes for eg you have a tube shape whats got a lip on the outside that needs support, but the inside you want to keep support free the cube is not a idea shape for this because the cube will also stop supports in parts or the outside lip, where a cylinder could be sized to stop just the inside of the tube and keeping full support to the outside lip.

3 hours ago, Carla_Birch said:

Personally one thing i would like to see made better is the support blocker, Just for a start having other shapes than the cube could greatly help, eg cylinder this would help stop support for round holes for eg you have a tube shape whats got a lip on the outside that needs support, but the inside you want to keep support free the cube is not a idea shape for this because the cube will also stop supports in parts or the outside lip, where a cylinder could be sized to stop just the inside of the tube and keeping full support to the outside lip.

You can already do this by just loading any shape and set it to be a support blocker (in the per-objects setting tool).

For all other feature requests, please post them on github (https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/new/choose). It's really hard for us to keep track otherwise.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I would like to see the travel-speed removed from them "preview" - "color scheme: speed" scale.

I am printing at 70mm/s with a travelspeed of 150mm/s. because the 150mm/s are the max value i can not see a difference between 50 and 70mm/s.

But noone is interested in colored travel-lines 😉

If you dont want to remove this feature then make the scale changed by unselecting the travel-lines. But at the moment the scale doesnt change no matter what the selection is

Color.jpg