Bridge bug?

ViperZ

Posted · Bridge bug?

Thanks for the file. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce what you see because my Cura is different to UM Cura in some ways including the handling of bridged skins. What happens if you set bridge skin support threshold to less than 100% ?

Posted · Bridge bug?

There is a reason to set it to 100%.

The image shows the results of a Simplify3D slice.
    The bridge should be set to high speed and low flow.
    Printing the layer directly above the support with the bridge makes it easier to peel off.

I was using Simplify3D as my main tool, but I'm in the process of moving to Cura.
    If I set it to 100%, I want to print only the bottom layer that needs support as a bridge.

無題.png

Posted · Bridge bug?

Perhaps, then, the bridge sparse infill max density setting could be useful?

Posted · Bridge bug?

I tried the bridge sparse infill max density, but I don't know what effect it would have. Could you please tell me?
    Also, what is the best setting to fulfill my purpose?

Posted · Bridge bug?

The idea behind that setting is to give the user the option of printing the first skin above sparse infill using the bridge settings. Set that to a value greater than the infill density and the skin above the infill will have bridge settings applied. Here's your sample project doing just that...

Screenshot_2020-08-18_10-31-28.thumb.png.15315d6d21160078ef15867b4f767701.png

Posted · Bridge bug?

Thank you for the explanation. I understand what the parameters are.
    I think the bridge is one of the beneficial ways to make support peeling easier, but I can't use it like S3D in Cura. Where should I put such a request?

Posted · Bridge bug?
    46 minutes ago, ViperZ said:

Where should I put such a request?

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues

Incidentally, have you tried the fan speed override setting? That let's you specify a different fan speed for the skin over support. So for example, when using PETG, it helps to specify 100% fan when printing skins over support to get better separation.

Also, my Cura builds already feature a setting for printing the first skin over support using bridging settings. You can find my Cura builds at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s43vqzmi4d2bqe2/AAADdYdSu9iwcKa0Knqgurm4a?dl=0

Please read the README.md file there before using.

Posted · Bridge bug?

I mainly use ABS, so the fan is off.
    I downloaded it from the link you gave me, but it didn't seem to work the way I wanted it to.
    I'm going to post it at the first URL.
    Thank you.