How do I load a new material from Cura into a UM3?

threepoint

Posted · How do I load a new material from Cura into a UM3?

Hey Guys

I am having a similar issue, I've went on market place and downloaded 3DX Tech ASA & Formtech rPET 

Both say installed on market place & in the downloads menu in Cura. but they wont sync, i've went in the top right and done a re sync, quit and re opened 2 times, even re started the PC with no luck, now i've tried a manual import of the files through their location in the configuration folders under materials.

Any tips or ideas how i can resolve this? 

Kind Regards 
Stefan

Materials.jpg

Installed.jpg

@StefanEtter I tried the 3DX Tech ASA from the marketplace, installed in Cura 4.10 and it shows up on my UM3 with firmware 5.3.0.
    My printer is connected from Cura over the local network. Are you perhaps using the cloud based Digital Factory?

Note: I'll be on holiday for over a week, so won't be responding.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got confirmed that synchronizing materials over the cloud is a new feature that's being worked on. This will require a firmware update as well which for the UM3 is not planned yet. Synchronizing materials over the local network (previously named cluster) is working already.

Just wanted to say I'm also having this problem with Polymaker ASA on a UM3E. I have the material installed on Cura, and in the online Marketplace, but the printer won't update. The printer is also hanging on to some materials that I've deleted, and they keep showing back up even though I uninstall them in Cura or the Marketplace.

@iccherry As you can read in this thread, there are two way to connect your printer to Cura: over the Cloud (Digital Factory) and over the local network. Synchronizing materials with Cura/Marketplace is only supported when the printer is connected over the local network. The cloud based synchronization is a feature that's currently being worked on for the S-line of printers, for the UM3 the release is not scheduled yet.

So, to add a new material to your UM3, you logout from the Digital Factory in Cura. Ensure your printer can be reached over the local network and material synchronization should happen automatically.

Removing a material from the printer isn't supported. It would be very confusing when multiple people are sharing the same printer and materials would disappear, depending on the most recent user. Removing all added materials can be forced by executing a factory reset on the printer.

On 10/31/2021 at 9:55 AM, CarloK said:

@iccherry As you can read in this thread, there are two way to connect your printer to Cura: over the Cloud (Digital Factory) and over the local network. Synchronizing materials with Cura/Marketplace is only supported when the printer is connected over the local network. The cloud based synchronization is a feature that's currently being worked on for the S-line of printers, for the UM3 the release is not scheduled yet.

So, to add a new material to your UM3, you logout from the Digital Factory in Cura. Ensure your printer can be reached over the local network and material synchronization should happen automatically.

Removing a material from the printer isn't supported. It would be very confusing when multiple people are sharing the same printer and materials would disappear, depending on the most recent user. Removing all added materials can be forced by executing a factory reset on the printer.

Thanks for the response. I was connected via the local network as well. Cloud connection to my UM3E has been spotty, so I was not printing via the digital factory. Nevertheless, the materials don't show up. 

This is on hold for now though, as I have significant repairs that have to be made to my machine before I can try anything else. Had my worst print failure ever today, and it resulted in some serious damage.