Sliced model Has random holes throughout

Crimson_Comedian

Posted · Sliced model Has random holes throughout

I have been having an issue with slicing a few models and they show random area where it will skip and simply not print filament. It will leave a hole in that area.22742873_CuraSTLImage.thumb.jpg.59d711c463703e6f50462a2133813c13.jpg

As you can see it's a smooth mug no detail or anything.

247807994_CuraSlicedPreview.thumb.jpg.2a6ce9de40a2b92ce8322ece42e180a8.jpg

Once I slice it it shows up with those holes. They are scattered all over the place. My setting are to print PETG om amd Ender 3 Pro. I have printed other things no problem so I'm unsure why this is occurring. I have tried to restart the program and reslice, with the same exact results. What could be causing this and what are some ways to solve this?

Can you show a photo of the print please with the holes?

You want the fan at about half power so I'd play with the menu options and listen to the fan noise and drop it until it is about half as loud and use that as your fan setting.

Also what temperature are you printing the PETG?  What temp do you usually print PLA?

I didn't want to print the model based on the preview. So I can't say it will print those holes although When i go through each layer in the preview it does show it wont print those areas. I really don't want to do a 2 day print to find those holes in it if I don't need to but if there's a chance it won't show up in the print I'm willing to give it a shot.

It is true I do run the fan on a higher than usual power. I can certainly lower it anywhere between 50-80%.

PETG 230-240 extruder depending on the brand with 80 bed. PLA 200 extruder with 60 bed.

25 minutes ago, Crimson_Comedian said:

When i go through each layer in the preview it does show it wont print those areas.

I'm not sure what you consider as "holes" in the preview. Can you show a picture of a single layer and mark the area in question on it?

Just to sure: the experimental "coasting" is not accidentally enabled?

So yep I accidentally hit coasting when I was going through the experimental settings. It was the travel paths along the wall that were leaving gaps throughout the print. Once I removed the setting everything showed up nice and smooth in the preview.

If you still would like to see the holes when i was using coasting let me know and I'll gladly run it through the slicer once again. I assume it would be good feedback for development.

No that's fine.  I didn't notice any holes in your preview so after reading your original posting I had assumed there were no holes in preview.  If I had seen them in the preview I wouldn't have suggested you print it.

No worries. It was very difficult to get a good picture. They are very small throughout the entire preview. I appreciate your input and none the less learned more about Cura.