Ultimaker Cura 4.7 is available!

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.7 is available!
On 8/27/2020 at 1:14 AM, nallath said:

Get our crap together? Excuse me? You're using an open source product, on hardware that we don't sell or support. We don't even have those third party printers nor the capacity (and desire) to actually test them.

So if you want to prevent issues like that, pleas use the beta and report these issues during the beta. As you can see, i've managed to create a fix for this within a single hour of this being reported.

We test Cura as much as we can, but we greatly focus on Ultimaker machines since 99% of the development of Cura is paid from the revenus of Ultimaker.

Good to know Cura is waaaaaay down on your list of priorities, thanks for letting us unwashed heathens who use non-Ultimaker machines know just how little you think of us. I'll be looking for a new slicer now.

1 hour ago, Fenriq said:

Good to know Cura is waaaaaay down on your list of priorities, thanks for letting us unwashed heathens who use non-Ultimaker machines know just how little you think of us. I'll be looking for a new slicer now.

Firstly - I don't work for Ultimaker and never have.

Cura is a high priroity.  I assume you meant some specific printer?

@Fenriq Ultimaker is extremely  Generous!  To be giving away this free utility/application called Cura to be used by it's competitors.  There are hundreds of printers supported and it's easy for a printer company to add themselves to the list of printers.  Why are you angry at Ultimaker?  You should be angry at the company that makes your printer!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gr5 said:

Firstly - I don't work for Ultimaker and never have.

Cura is a high priroity.  I assume you meant some specific printer?

@Fenriq Ultimaker is extremely  Generous!  To be giving away this free utility/application called Cura to be used by it's competitors.  There are hundreds of printers supported and it's easy for a printer company to add themselves to the list of printers.  Why are you angry at Ultimaker?  You should be angry at the company that makes your printer!

How odd, my comment is a reply to nallath, not you, weird how you decided it was directed at you when it very definitely was not.

Oh and Creality didn't release software that erased all my printer profiles, that was Ultimaker so yeah, I'll KEEP being pissed off at them for doing that, thanks. 

Y'all can go ahead and delete my posts and my account, I can definitely see this isn't a community I have any interest in being a part of.

4 hours ago, gr5 said:

To be giving away this free utility/application called Cura to be used by it's competitors. 

o.O 

When did Cura move from being Open Source to being Freeware ??

38 minutes ago, Fenriq said:

Oh and Creality didn't release software that erased all my printer profiles, that was Ultimaker so yeah, I'll KEEP being pissed off at them for doing that, thanks. 

Y'all can go ahead and delete my posts and my account, I can definitely see this isn't a community I have any interest in being a part of.

I can understand being upset at the developers for the low regard they have for 3rd party printers and community contributions, but generally, the wider community here aren't to blame for such attitudes and can be very helpful if you approach each discussion with civility. 

Take it from someone who also has Creality printers, never update Cura unless you absolutely NEED to. The low value attributed to 3rd party printer users contributions means updating is at your own risk. As long as you update with this in mind, it tends to be a less frustrating experience. 

6 hours ago, Longtoke said:

When did Cura move from being Open Source to being Freeware ??

It didn’t. Ultimaker Cura is free and open source, released under the LGPL v3 license. That cannot be changed without the consent of many contributors, me included.

8 hours ago, Fenriq said:

Restore one of your backups, right?

9 hours ago, Longtoke said:

I can understand being upset at the developers for the low regard they have for 3rd party printers and community contributions,

We have the highest regard and appreciation for the community contributions, and we express this regularly. On the splash screen and almost every blog covering a Cura release. 

1942157810_Screenshot2020-10-08at11_17_56.thumb.png.9a012c54b6449cd6522512282c08b3f7.png

Regarding third party products, we do rely on either the users of a third party printer or the manufacturer to provide us with the machine settings and testing during the Beta period. We don't own or have the capacity to test, create or update all those third party profiles when we're working on a new version. We receive a profile, we check if it technically is correct and we add it. A new version of Cura is out? We don't have third party machines so we rely on the users to test and update. If you want to contribute to make Cura better and find bugs (also for your own benefit), we would like to invite you to contribute in the beta testing.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Fenriq said:

Indeed they didn't, because they don't release software at all.

The cura installer is actually the only bit where a profile can get deleted, apart from a manual deletion from the interface. Cura will only ever delete a profile if you explicitly told it to do so.

18 hours ago, Fenriq said:

I don't have a low regard for third party printer users. Far from it. But we simply have far too much work on our plate as is. Cura is being developed by a relatively small team and being used by hundreds of thousands of users, using hundreds of different configurations.

The only way how we could do something about these issues if we would have 2-4x the resources that we have right now. So lets do a bit of math here. We currently have 5 developpers, 1 UX er and 2 testers working on Cura. So we would need to get at least 8 extra people working on Cura. Lets lowball the number what that costs, and say it's 50 euro an hour. That would already mean that Ultimaker needs to spend an extra 16k per week on this.

It's not that I don't want to spend the time on it, but I simply cant. The money just isn't there. What I do have a low opinion of is people still complaining even though Ultimaker is already spending a ton of money on providing this and isn't even asking money in return for it. How much will it take for you to be happy? Can you also understand how frustrating messages like this are to me?

So if you want this to change, contact Creality and ask them to start contributing back to Cura. They have been boasting that they had the most profitable year they have ever had becuase of Corona. Surely they can spare at least a single developer?

• Like 7

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.7 is available!
    16 hours ago, SandervG said:

Regarding third party products, we do rely on either the users of a third party printer or the manufacturer to provide us with the machine settings and testing during the Beta period. We don't own or have the capacity to test, create or update all those third party profiles when we're working on a new version. We receive a profile, we check if it technically is correct and we add it. A new version of Cura is out? We don't have third party machines so we rely on the users to test and update. If you want to contribute to make Cura better and find bugs (also for your own benefit), we would like to invite you to contribute in the beta testing.

Completely understandable, and to clarify, I don't expect Ultimaker to invest deeply in 3rd party printer compatibility, no reasonable person could make a fair argument for such.

One of the things that seems anti 3rd party printers though is your stated need for updated 3rd party profiles for each beta iteration ( or perhaps I have misunderstood your phrasing here ? ). If you have a new to market printer that you don't have any existing profile for or the profile is still very new, I can see why you would need a new / updated profile each beta phase.

But surely for an existing printer, especially a commonplace one such as an Ender 3 for example, none of the printers physical profiles etc change. This leads to the logical conclusion that a new/updated profile requirement each time there's a beta is a result of changes within Cura itself. While I can understand the occasional need to alter such things, what is it that makes this required EVERY time ?

I can ( and had to recently ) use the ender 3 profile in cura to generate the G-code for use on my CR10, with little modification. This further highlights the almost standardized existing profiles for many printers that don't change from version to version of Cura. 

Overall, I respect Ultimaker can't code Cura for every printer out there, nor should it. But when it appears to unnecessarily force update requirements on profiles for numerous printers just because, users can get testy to say the least. When you add that to the breaks / deletions / inexplicable alterations of profiles, people get frustrated and start to question what's going on. 

This doesn't in any way justify the angry outburst from another forum user, and please don't misunderstand my own ramblings about this either. I myself am extremely thankful for the powerful software that Cura is, as I am sure a majority of the community is. I do question though why we have so many issues with a basic common printer, and believe Cura could be even better if it was kinder on 3rd party printers. 

Edited by Longtoke

5 hours ago, Longtoke said:

One of the things that seems anti 3rd party printers though is your stated need for updated 3rd party profiles for each beta iteration ( or perhaps I have misunderstood your phrasing here ? )

Well perhaps @nallath can answer this more accurately, but it is my understanding that it is not necessary for every iteration. But with features changing and being added, or sometimes something more deeper in the core functionality of Cura is updated it is always good to test during Beta, especially since we can't (for 3rd party printers). But it is very possible that a profile will continue to function the same post Beta as it did prior. 

Having said that, I feel like we're pretty kind to 3rd party printers 🙂 

I don't work at Ultimaker either, and besides, I am French...

We can assume that a manufacturer tests the capabilities of his printer before putting it on the market and he uses a slicer and I'm willing to bet that this slicer is CURA in the majority of cases.

Some provide their version of CURA so we can imagine that the right profiles are provided with their version of the slicer, right?

When a builder, who provides his version of CURA says on his forum when he is told that the profile is missing for such and such a machine and he is told: "take the profile of this machine and change the size of the buildplate", I find this a bit short answer: not even a "we will integrate the missing profile of OUR printer in the next version", nothing.

So no doubt the owner of this printer thought: "if we're going to use CURA, we might as well use the Ultimaker version, right?

And bam!

As luck would have it, there is a problem with the profile of HIS printer...amazing.

However, it is not to the manufacturer of HIS printer who did not provide the profile that he asks for, no, no, no, but to Ultimaker.

So a user of a third party printer (Creality for example which provided its version of CURA) finds normal that the manufacturer of its printer does not provide the good profile for its printer but abnormal that Ultimaker does not do it?

WTF ?

Perhaps the mistake was to want to do too much for the "community" and now the efforts of the CURA developers are turning against them.

From my point of view, third party printer profiles should be provided by the printer manufacturers, not by Ultimaker, with a system like for materials in the marketplace, and that's it.

Isn't there a profile for your printer? Ask the manufacturer to provide one!
    The profile doesn't work? Ask the manufacturer why?
    Your manufacturer doesn't provide a profile at all? Ask your printer community, maybe someone will have it ?

If I have a problem with the carburetor of my 1987 mini, I won't ask questions on the BMW forum.

5 hours ago, Longtoke said:

I do question though why we have so many issues with a basic common printer, and believe Cura could be even better if it was kinder on 3rd party printers. 

Just because it's common / basic, doesn't mean it's easy to support it. The firmware (and hardware design) of the Ender is fundamentally different from the Ultimaker. The reason why the machine is so cheap is because they provide no software and no support. We get a lot of very upset people when we say that we don't want to fix those mistakes. I still don't understand why people get upset with us and not with Creality...

We do test the changes that we make with Ultimakers. Quite a lot really, but that doesn't guarantee that those same changes (with different values) work with an Ender. That's also why we desperately need people to use the beta; It's the only way for us to test if the things that we changed don't break stuff with those other printers. Unfortunately, people seem to think that it's best to wait a few releases to download the newest cura. This just makes the problem worse; We find issues much later and thus fix them much later. That in turn lets people even become more wary of downloading the newest version. Thats a race to the bottom with no winners.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, nallath said:

I still don't understand why people get upset with us and not with Creality...

How is it Creality's fault if the goal posts moving in Cura creates the issue ?

If I update the firmware on my printer and I can't print correctly anymore, it's simple diagnostics to conclude the changes I made in the firmware caused the issue, not the slicer I used to generate the g-code.

Similarly, If something in Cura changes that renders a printers compatibility with Cura's G-code non-functional, users are going to inherently attribute that to Ultimaker. 

The end result is exactly this :

..people seem to think that it's best to wait a few releases to download the newest Cura

I confess, I'm in exactly that mindset myself, one I'm trying to change because of the discussion here. While I understand your desire to have 3rd party manufacturers become more active in development, I can't see it happening when you require constant interaction on a product that doesn't change. 

Even if Creality came to the party and helped to actively develop Cura, how long until that investment is obsolete and requires further investment because Cura changed, not the manufactured product. 

Thats a race to the bottom with no winners

Indeed...

How is it Creality's fault if the goal posts moving in Cura creates the issue ?

Imagine that you build your own 3D printer from scratch and you want to use CURA: you will create the profile yourself, right?

If a beta of CURA is announced, you'll check that the update has no impact on your printer, right?

If you realize that it doesn't work, you will ask the question on github and you will correct accordingly, right ?

But that's you, not Creality.

Even if Creality came to the party and helped to actively develop Cura, how long until that investment is obsolete and requires further investment because Cura changed, not the manufactured product. 

Don't dream
    Creality does not invest in anything else than its printers.

No exchange with the Open Source world that they use however... they just don't care

Edited by darkdvd
    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1

It would become less of a moving goalpost if Creality would contribute.

I can fix things if I know about them. So using the beta definately helps. How else do you think that we can so quickly bring out patch releases? It's not that we fix these things slow (or that we can't fix it), but we just don't know about it.

17 hours ago, darkdvd said:

Imagine that you build your own 3D printer from scratch and you want to use CURA: you will create the profile yourself, right?

Absolutely, and funny you mention this exactly, because one of my current projects is just this. 

To expand on your analogy further, once I have completed my printer build and made a a profile that works I will obviously save a backup of said profile and the Cura version it was created in. When a new version of Cura releases, I would then test that my existing and previously working profile still continues to function. In the advent that the updated Cura version deletes/modifies/bricks my previously created profile, I would of course logically attribute that to the update of Cura and revert to the earlier version as it is Cura that changed, not the open source firmware that drives my printer. 

The end result - I can't test the features of the beta, nor anything else until I remake a new profile and work out what changed in Cura that "broke" my previous profile. This takes time I don't have immediately available, so I reinstall the previous working version and continue printing, essentially removing me from the beta process until I can find the time to remake my profile and test it, at which point the Beta period has likely concluded. Some cases in the past where this has happened, a profile breaking during beta is addressed in the actual release, making my initial efforts completely pointless. 

This by the way is something I'm perfectly fine with, if the Cura devs decide to move the goal posts, I trust they had a valid need to do so, the frequency of moving goals posts is the issue though. Nallath has stated repeatedly how things would be better for all involved if there was more participation in Betas, to which I'm explaining why some of us don't. That isn't going to change anytime soon, Creality is not going to repeatedly and unendingly invest in software development to support a product that itself does not change.

It's like buying a car that runs on petrol, going to the petrol station to fill up only to be told that the petroleum company has changed the composition of their petrol and it will no longer work in you car, advising you to go back to the dealership to have them modify the car to be compatible with the current petrol, all because the vehicle maker doesn't contribute to petroleum research. To top it off, the petroleum company is striving to have as many people try out the new petrol and becoming frustrated when they don't .... Do you see how arse backwards that is ? 

No exchange with the Open Source world that they use

Wrong.  In 2019 the Ender-3 design was changed to open source, also making it the first Chinese 3d printer manufacturer to do so.

Creality does not invest in anything else than its printers

Bingo, they make printers, not software. This is no different for Ultimaker, who make printers. The fact that Ultimaker also supports the ongoing development of open source software makes Ultimaker the exception, not the rule. There is a commercial benefit for Ultimaker in doing so, and I'm sure that is a factor in their decision to do so, but the conflict of a commercial interest in an open source developed product is a whole other can of worms for another thread. 

7 hours ago, nallath said:

It would become less of a moving goalpost if Creality would contribute.

Being that Creality uses the open source Marlin for firmware, how does that translate into a need for Creality to contribute to Cura ? 

I have installed TH3D's unified firmware on my Ender-3 and changed the board to a 32 bit skr mini, thus removing Creality's involvement in my printer outside of basic standard physical components that constitute my printer. So following the line of thought you express here, does this mean TH3D should now be contributing to Cura ? To expand further, The control board driving an Ender-3 is an Arduino derivative, should Arduino be contributing to Cura too ?

Cura's direct interaction with my printer is via the Marlin firmware.

The physical parameters of an Ender-3 are consistent and could be argued to be standard in the fact it's a Marlin based g-code interpreter. A case could be made for Marlin being a standard for 3d printers in the fact it's G-code functions are derived from industrial machine usage for over 40 years. Marlin is a subset of G-codes from that initial universally recognized standard. If you were adding new G-codes to Cura's slicing, I could understand a need for end users ( and perhaps manufacturers ) to be on top of that, but it would still only be a matter of updating the Marlin Firmware that drives the physical printer. 

Sorry Nallath, but I am yet to be swayed to your point of view that Creality ( or any other third party printer manufacturer for that matter ) should be endlessly contributing to Cura's development. Again I'll ask, if Creality were to assist in Cura's development, how long would that be required ? how long until that work is rendered obsolete by changes within Cura ? 

Users are in a similar position - why should we be investing time into testing and giving feedback ( or better still contributing code for those skilled in the art /salute Ahoeben ) when there's a very real likelihood of having to do it all again on the next release because Cura changed something for "reasons" but the printer itself they use hasn't changed. 

If you want better uptake and  participation of Beta's from third party printer users, start being less dismissive of 3rd party printers and the issues Cura creates for them with updates because they don't directly provide funding. If you update Cura and the result is broken/missing/bricked printer profiles, users are going to rightly blame Cura. Of all the people involved in this discussion, you ( Nallath & possibly SandervG  ? ) have the most power to bring about a change in the current situation that would be beneficial to all.

Simply put - you can solve the problems you've stated with lack of beta participation, but expecting Creality or any other manufacturer to start contributing just isn't likely, nor have you made a solid case for it being needed. But that may not suit what appears to be an agenda of trying to polarize users against third party manufacturers....

That long waffle over with I will attempt to get back on topic, as an Ender-3 and CR10s Pro V2 user, I can confirm for others out there the current V4.7.1 of Cura works great using newly configured profiles. I unfortunately lost my old profiles after a HDD failure and resultant downgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7, so if someone else wants to take the plunge and see if their profiles transfer in okay, please drop a post in here and let others know. Beyond that I will commit here and now to trying the next beta on release in an attempt to move forward with hope things will improve. Either way, I have V4.7.1 as a reliable fall back position now.

May your printer nozzles remain free flowing and the gods be kind with warping. 

Longtoke. 

Edited by Longtoke

I wanted to answer each point but I'm going to make my answer much simpler, whatever.

Unlike you (and Creatily), I paid to use CURA by deliberately choosing to invest in Ultimaker printers.

Why did I do this?

Machine and slicer working perfectly together, which allows me to run x hours of prints in a row without asking myself any questions: it works, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.... even if my machines use different firmware.

And I didn't have to modify my printers to print my first object.

Worse, I paid and contributed to the evolution of CURA, not by crying because my printer had lost profiles after an update (which happened to me, but I know how to use a computer...): as a CURA user, I needed functions that CURA didn't have: I made a post on github, the need was discussed, evaluated and developed.

And all CURA users, including those with Creatily, were able to use these new features.

That's participating in CURA and Open Source.

Did Creality post something on github? Cool, and ? does that make a contributor to Open Source?
    I don't think so: have you seen the activity?

It's more brain death than participation when you look at the activity.

Would you like to talk about Creality vs Marlin and the respect of an Open Source license?

Creality has contributed more to selling smoke detectors or fire extinguishers than to Open Source.

If Ultimaker made a mistake, it is to publish drivers for other printers instead of manufacturers who, when there is a problem say: it's not our problem, it's the problem of Ultimaker/CURA.

The only concern is that it becomes MY problem that I am on this forum: I want to help/advise a user of an Ultimaker printer because it is easier for me if his problem is related to CURA and its UM2/+/3 or Sx!

If his problem comes from the driver of his ENDER Vx PRO, from his version of Windows, from the fact that he uses a modified version of CURA, I can't do anything and I don't want to do anything for him : he is not in my ecosystem.

My time is as precious as yours.

Please Ultimaker, only publish drivers certified by printer manufacturers, like for materials: if I need a filament not listed, I take the TDS from the manufacturer and make my profile and if the printing is failed, it will be my fault, not Ultimaker's.

Open a section on this forum for CURA: CURA for Ultimaker printers / Cura for other brands. (And there, @SandervG understands why I ask for the printer to be displayed in the user profile....)

At least, if a Creality user has a problem with his printer, he will be able to discuss with other owners of Creality printers and he will feel less alone.

Finally, if you are not satisfied with CURA, buy another slicer.

Edited by darkdvd
    • Like 3

Toxic blame has never fixed a single issue.  Not with printers, cars, or anything else.

Is the software perfect?  No. Is it frustrating at times?  Yes.  When was the last time I did something perfect, myself?  Hmmm.

Let's maybe cut each other a bit more slack and let the water flow off our collective backs a little.

For those who celebrate Thanksgiving this weekend (as we do in Canada), then I hope there is something that inspires thanks in your life.  I'm lucky to have a long list and for the record, this community that has helped me get prints right, recover bricked printers, source components and actually was the listing source for both of my UM3s, is on the 'thanks' list too.

All the best

John

• Like 6

8 hours ago, darkdvd said:

If his problem comes from the driver

What ??, we're not talking about drivers here, a printer profile isn't a driver. It's a record of the printers physical parameters and the flavour of G-code the firmware is utilizing. Hence why users are getting ticked off when things break, there's no reasonable cause for such things breaking as they do not change. 

8 hours ago, darkdvd said:

he is not in my ecosystem

Again WTF ??

You do realize that non-ultimaker users contribute to testing of features that helps guide the continuing development don't you ? This is exactly why Nallath is asking for - a greater volume of users participating in the Beta process to help Cura Dev's bring those features and bug fixes to the live version in the shortest time  possible.

I won't speak for Nallath and the devs here, so perhaps they can explain how limited the feedback is from one exclusive set of users. If there was a wide enough base of Ultimaker branded printer users, I highly doubt Nallath and Devs would be actively seeking more users to participate. I'd even hazzard a guess and say that  Ultimaker printers don't even constitute a third of Cura's users overall ( from what info I saw on the recent survey on this site ). 

9 hours ago, darkdvd said:

Please Ultimaker, only publish drivers certified by printer manufacturers, like for materials: if I need a filament not listed, I take the TDS from the manufacturer and make my profile and if the printing is failed, it will be my fault, not Ultimaker's.

errrr, this is exactly what happens already. Ultimaker / Cura doesn't do anything for 3rd party printers. They ask for contributors to give them user completed profiles and simply add them in after little to no testing. This by the way isn't the issue, the issue is the frequency of which such profile conttribution is required and the seemingly pointless endeavor it is when Cura makes zero effort to allow users to reliably integrate those profiles between version. 

Perhaps your confusion over what a profile is has clouded your ability  assess what is happening here ? 

Machine and slicer working perfectly together

So long as third party printer users are cautious with updates ( as they  are the root cause of problems ), we too experience exactly this result. The discussion we've been having is centered on this precisely and the Dev's wanting more user participation in beta's. In perfectly fine with maintaining the status quo, but that isn't conducive to having more users participate in Beta testing. 

Did Creality post something on github? Cool, and ? does that make a contributor to Open Source?

Why am I not surprised to see such a goal post move from and obviously devoted Ultimaker fan. You stated that Creality had never contributed, I stated facts otherwise, now you want to move the discussion to the quantity and/or value of that contribution ?....yeah, sorry, discussion doesn't work that way. I think we're both done. 

15 hours ago, darkdvd said:

If his problem comes from the driver

What ??, we're not talking about drivers here, a printer profile isn't a driver. It's a record of the printers physical parameters and the flavour of G-code the firmware is utilizing. Hence why users are getting ticked off when things break, there's no reasonable cause for such things breaking as they do not change. 

Oups, I was thinking "profile" and I wrote "drivers"'. Sorry.

15 hours ago, darkdvd said:

he is not in my ecosystem

Again WTF ??

Yes : Coming here, on this forum, and doing support on Windows, explaining that you have to make backups, etc ... is not in my ecosystem.

Why am I not surprised to see such a goal post move from and obviously devoted Ultimaker fan. You stated that Creality had never contributed, I stated facts otherwise, now you want to move the discussion to the quantity and/or value of that contribution ?....yeah, sorry, discussion doesn't work that way. I think we're both done. 

I'm not a devoted fan (or maybe I am, after all.... 😁) but the people who built the machines and software I use to work with allow me to interact with them.

I can feed back information about the use of the machines and software, submit evolutions and help other users who have the same problems or needs as me: it's new, isn't it?

The best part is that they answer me, the contributors, whether they work at Ultimaker or not.

When Creality was particularly criticized for not respecting Open Source licenses, they published data on Github. Everyone can see that the activity on github around their publications is close to 0.

I still say that Creatily does Open Source washing only. 

Again, this is MY opinion.

• Like 1

Hello, 

Let's conclude this discussion. Ultimaker Cura is tailored for Ultimaker 3D printers and open to third party printers. We create the platform and keep that door open, but we are not responsible for profiles of other printers, for reasons mentioned above. Not every update requires a modification to a profile, but new features can in theory impact elements of a printer profile. That is why we lean so heavy on testing during the beta test. You can help identify existing bugs and improve the experience for yourself and your peers. 

In the meantime, we are happy that you can freely use our software and lean on our community of 3D printing experts for help. 3D printing is a wonderful technology and we're happy we can help so many users in their 3D printing experience. If you're not satisfied and/or want to make things better, consider contributing instead of only consuming. Collaboration is the fastest route to improvement. 

The next Cura Beta will be in ~ 2 weeks so hopefully we'll see you there! 👍

• Like 7

I'm running into a strange bug. sorry for lack of pictures but i'll explain.

whenever a popup window opens in cura, such as "discard or keep changes" or "settings", it is devoid of all text and buttons until I resize the popup window. after resizing the window all proper text show up. 

this was infuriating until I figured out the resizing 'fix' now it's just kind of an annoyance. currently running on windows 7 64bit.

I can supply photos if required. 

5 hours ago, r3pl4c4tor said:

I'm running into a strange bug. sorry for lack of pictures but i'll explain.

whenever a popup window opens in cura, such as "discard or keep changes" or "settings", it is devoid of all text and buttons until I resize the popup window. after resizing the window all proper text show up. 

this was infuriating until I figured out the resizing 'fix' now it's just kind of an annoyance. currently running on windows 7 64bit.

I can supply photos if required. 

Please do. Could you also report the bug on github? That's where we keep track of all of them.

10 hours ago, nallath said:

Please do. Could you also report the bug on github? That's where we keep track of all of them.

This happens with all popup windows. 

Untitled.thumb.png.eafcc0d04abbc7042a0ad5f2306c0daa.png

Untitled2.png