ums5 & cura network issues

Suffolksails

Posted · ums5 & cura network issues

Hi,

Is cura really bad over wireless with s5? we have to keep 'adding' s5 to cura to get the profiles and it constantly 'loses' connection, i guess we can drill holes and ethernet...but it sits one side of a internal wall next to router...super frustrating!

It could be the auto-detection, which is a fickle system (as it depends greatly on the configuration of  your network). You could try to manually connect by IP, in which case the auto-detection system is ignored.

2 minutes ago, nallath said:

It could be the auto-detection, which is a fickle system (as it depends greatly on the configuration of  your network). You could try to manually connect by IP, in which case the auto-detection system is ignored.

yes i've tried manully adding the IP still get same error...on mac and windows🤨

1 minute ago, Suffolksails said:

yes i've tried manully adding the IP still get same error...on mac and windows🤨

Well, it's little help for you now, but i've increased the timeout on Cura's side a bit. 4.7 has just been released, so it will take +-2 months for the next release.

You could also try connecting with the cloud. I know it sounds a bit weird, but that connection should be a lot more stable.

On 8/10/2020 at 4:47 PM, gr5 said:

Oh wait - I can see that you *do* have the black block on the rod.  Instead it is twisting on the rod.  So there are 2 rods that go through the print head and attach to the 4 sliding blocks.  Are they properly snapped into the sliding blocks?  I guess by now it may be irrelevant as it is worn?

it disconnects from cloud too lol. doesn't seem very stable at all. only way i can get around it is to keep adding printers..

Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 15.14.11.png

In that case is the printer visible/online on the cloud?

Also; Could you share some logs? There might be something in there that could help me debug the issue.

yes visable in ultimaker factory...

sent you log file

Alright, I'll have a look!

lol spoke to soon, disconnected from everything again...its happily printing away - says it connected to wireless network etc.

Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 15.53.56.png

I think i've found something. A fix is pending review: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/pull/8232

good news thanks!