Should we subdivide this section by Printer Type?

JohnInOttawa

Posted · Should we subdivide this section by Printer Type?

I was looking for a thread on a UMO from some time back and realised, this topic covers all types, so is starting to look a lot like my sock drawer ;-).

The family is now large, with variants of the UMO/UMO+, UM2/UM2+, UM2Go, UM3, S5 and now S3.  Some subjects pertain to all types, while others (like material or air manage or print core issues) would not.

Would it make sense to subdivide in some way?

John

I think if the forum software lets them, they could make it so people tag their post with the printer they have and that could be added to the forums filter system so you could filter threads by printer type.

This would only help with new posts going forards, but it would also help to highlight the printer someone own and is asking about when asking for help, because thats not always made clear what can make helping harder.

• Thanks 1

Hi, thank you for your suggestion John! I am not sure if some of the threads, if divided would see enough activity for people to keep monitoring them and they would die out which is not beneficial for the community and its users. Carla's suggestion is close, well actually, spot on to what we're enabling. When you start a new topic you have the option to select a 'Tag' which allows other users to filter on. If everyone would do that you could simply select the tag 'UMO' and only see all those posts. 

I'll see if I can add an extra reminder because, as this thread proves, too many people don't do this. 

• Thanks 1