Configuration errors for printer and printing profiles on Cura 4.7

MadCloud

Posted · Configuration errors for printer and printing profiles on Cura 4.7

Hello,

I just updated Cura from 4.6 to 4.7. I selected the uninstall option for 4.6 but to keep my configuration files. I run the 4.7 and create new printer with no issue but it wouldnt read my old profiles from 4.6 so I create new ones. So far so good. When I try to run Cura again it says there were configuration errors with my printer profile and my new configuration files. For the printer profile I simply select the printer and nothing else and for the printing configuration i simply duplicate one of the default profiles, again no changes. I can slice and everything but when I try to run the program again it says that there were configuration errors and asks me to recreate all the profiles (printer and printing). I uninstalled everything and reinstalled only the 4.7 with the same results. Any ideas on how can I fix this?

Thank you

Cura 4.7 is telling me my setting from 4.6 are corrupt. Is there anything I can try so that I will not have to manually enter all of them again?

Thank You

A bug was found with duplicating the existing qualities. A patch release for that is pending testing.

If you don't use the duplicate in 4.7.0 (but instead use the "create new profile from updates/changes") everything should work.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Configuration errors for printer and printing profiles on Cura 4.7

Even when I create new profiles in a clean installation, after I restart cura it throws an error saying the old files are corrupted and requires to redo everything.

Apologies, I misunderstood your answer. I will do that, thank you

Edited by MadCloud