Nothing in the Monitor tab

quarinteen

Posted · Nothing in the Monitor tab

I am trying to configure my ender 3 with Cura. I am trying to follow some instructions and the first thing that I need to do is go in the monitor tab and use the send gcode function. WHen I open the monitor tab there is nothing in the window at all. Is that a add on or something?

cura.png

Printing over USB has not gotten any serious attention from Ultimaker over the past 4 years. It is not something Ultimaker has any interest in, because none of their recent printers starting with the Ultimaker 3 have supported USB Printing. Even on the Ultimaker 2 it was not officially supported/meant to be used. So even if your Cura version is recent, the part that does printing over USB is basically 4 years old and unmaintained. If it works, that is great. If it doesn't, my best advice is not to use it.

Export gcode and use SD card printing, use a different application for printing that gcode over USB (eg printrun), or use OctoPrint. OctoPrint can run on your PC, but you'll get the most out of it with a small board computer like the raspberry pi; if your computer restarts for updates or outright crashes, this would not affect your print. Disclaimer: I wrote the OctoPrint Connection plugin.

• 2 months later...

It would appear to me that Ultimakerhave little regardfor users unless they buy exorbitantly price Ultimaker machines. Try to get a response from them on the subject of graphic drivers, they don't want to know and make it virtually impossible to contact them.  The only other company I've had the same trouble with is TomTom, strange they're both Dutch companies.  The graphic driver that Cura 4.7.1 will not work with is Intel HD

Thank you for sharing your message and wild assumptions. If you want to get in touch with us you can do so via our community, Github or our ticket support system. If you decide to go for any of these routes, I would like to ask you to pay attention to your tone of voice when you're asking for help from people who have no obligation to help you. We are willing to help though, all users of Cura, regardless if you have an Ultimaker or not. Asking nicely helps. We're all just people. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Riceturbo said:

It would appear to me that Ultimakerhave little regardfor users unless they buy exorbitantly price Ultimaker machines. Try to get a response from them on the subject of graphic drivers, they don't want to know and make it virtually impossible to contact them.  The only other company I've had the same trouble with is TomTom, strange they're both Dutch companies.  The graphic driver that Cura 4.7.1 will not work with is Intel HD

Maybe service is just expensive and that is why chinese printers are so cheap. Just something to consider 😉

Anyhow, I also need my house to be painted. Why haven't you done so already!? I don't want to pay an actual painter to do it, because it's really expensive!

All joking aside; You can just post issues on github. We will have a look at it. We can't guarantee that we will be able to fix it, because we always get more issues than we can handle. In some cases we simply can't reproduce the issue, which also makes it really hard for us to fix it (since we then don't even know where to start and if the changes we made had any influence!)

• Like 2