Building from scratch!

piranha

Posted · Building from scratch!

Today I-ve made z stage nut!

A piece of Special Carbonfilled black Derlin, Dremel, Piece of 12x3 threaded rod (as a thread former), butane gas torch and the nut is almost done :)

Z-nut.jpg

... or you will be arrested for making weapons....

Bwa-ha-ha-ha :lol: nice joke, almoust close to the true :mrgreen:

Yesterday I've got a chance to visit my friend with normal not baby lathe, so improvisation continues,

first of all we finished with "AUDI" bushings, so now they fits in to the wood perfect

carrier1.jpg

and then we made some parts for my upcoming hot end

piranhot.jpg

I decided to fix bowden tube little bit different way then the orifinal Ultimaker, so we made a special steel fitting for that

piranhot1.jpg

piranhot2.jpg

0.4 nozzle with threaded tube

nozzle.jpg

Interresting fix for the bowden tube. Looks like it could fix the plugging issue people are having.

But, is the tip thermo isolated from the steel part in the bowden tube? Else heat from the brass tube will also heat up the steel part, causing filament to melt above it, causing a plug.

But, is the tip thermo isolated from the steel part in the bowden tube?

Now it is not isolated, I suppose that contact spot between tube and steel fitting is so small that it should not cause steel heating enough to melt filament above it but anyway I need to do some tests at first and if the problem appears I can make PTFE insert between steel and brass tip

So finally, after some head modification (Daid, you was right about heat transfer to bowden fitting ) and trying to understand software and firmware I've got first prints!!! WOW! IT WORKS!!!

http://vimeo.com/40281659

Now it is time to fine tune it :)

Congrads!

Not bad for a first print, my first print didn't look nearly that good and I had a real kit.

After some tuning, upgrading firmware and soft to CURA RC2(Daid, HUGE THANKS for AWESOME SOFT)

I finally got more or les good result :)

here it is

Awesome! That print looks really good. Did you get the print off the plate? Because normally we print on M3 tape...

Hi Daid, Ive print on additional 2mm thin acrilic plate so no problem with that!

One more comment on "Build me marlin" builder- i could not invert EXTRUDER axis-it does not matter is there checked or unchecked box- it rotates in one direction always!!! so I finished reversing motor wires to reverse extruder motor! ;)

One more comment on "Build me marlin" builder- i could not invert EXTRUDER axis-it does not matter is there checked or unchecked box- it rotates in one direction always!!! so I finished reversing motor wires to reverse extruder motor! ;)

Fixed it :) there was a bug, caused the setting to be always disabled.

Fixed it :) there was a bug, caused the setting to be always disabled.

Thanks ;)

Some yesterday's results

parts.jpg

Some new stuff

Yesterday I tried 0.1 slice in Cura!

I Like it

skull1.jpg

skull2.jpg

skull3.jpg

skull4.jpg

The finishing surface looks good but I can see some horizontal waves it seems that I can see my axis belt "drawing" on the surface :roll:

a very big WOWW to your creation and the prints.

Congradulations you really did take on a big challenge and it seems like you have ROCK N ROLLED it to the finishing line !!

big congradulations.

Ian :-)

ps. if you have a minute, can you copy your new print photos onto the Photo section of the forum.

Thank you.

Ian :D

viewforum.php?f=24

Ian, thanks a lot :)

And yes, I post some photos in the Photo section :)

thank you !

any new interesting creations ?

Ian :D

You're a legend man! Really love to see that happening. Wonderful engineering and tinkering!

Hope that you print one of my 3d-printable Tricopters soon for the upcoming CC3D ;)

Cheers

Flo

#Crosspost-connection-rocks:

http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/12132 ... aker-love/

Great stuff! I really admire your tinkering skills :) And I see you've printed a KNRLR, hehe. Have you used it?

I like your nozzle hack with the steel part, I've never had a plug, but I suppose it could solve the issue many are having.

Your prints look great and I suppose they will look even better with time. I also like the Audi bushings, :D. It would be cool if they were from an Audi R8 so you could have race car parts in your printer, haha.

I'm trying to create a complete Bill Of Materials for the Ultimaker. This thread is a great help so far :) If anyone can help with information and / or part numbers can you please post in http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/1875-bill-of-materials/?p=13094

Thanks for any help.

It is open source drawings. In every city u have fabshop to order panels.