Firmware 5.8.0 is now available

SandervG

Posted · Firmware 5.8.0 is now available
6 minutes ago, Jonas98 said:

It also would be very helfull if we could see the ammond of used material in the DigitalFactory

Material.JPG.9931fef97d5c7aeff1fb900de5199abf.JPGfor Example

Hi, thank you for your suggestions. Can you elaborate on why this would be useful to have it displayed in the digital factory too?

11 minutes ago, SandervG said:

Hi, thank you for your suggestions. Can you elaborate on why this would be useful to have it displayed in the digital factory too?

Hi, because of for example today I started a print very quick. Now while the print is printing I wanted to tell the person what it costs. My calculator is based on material, material amount and time. So I wanted to put these information in my excel calculater.

But I cant get them again when I forgot to wrote it down while slicing in Cura. So I have to open Cura again, put in the model, take the same parameters, slice, look for the material amount.

When the amount would be displayed there I would be much easier for me :)

On 9/15/2020 at 10:00 AM, Jonas98 said:

Hi, because of for example today I started a print very quick. Now while the print is printing I wanted to tell the person what it costs. My calculator is based on material, material amount and time. So I wanted to put these information in my excel calculater.

But I cant get them again when I forgot to wrote it down while slicing in Cura. So I have to open Cura again, put in the model, take the same parameters, slice, look for the material amount.

When the amount would be displayed there I would be much easier for me 🙂

I agree with that. In my company we track the usage of filament per Person and Project. If you forget to write it down straight after slicing it's often more complicated then it should be to figure out how much filament you used for these models

• Like 1

We are having the same issue, unable to  unload material. We've reverted back to the previous firmware.

I do want to stress that we are really grateful for this new feature, as we are often repeating prints of short duration, with the same filament. It will cut back on time a lot. Can't wait for versions 5.8.1 🙂

• Like 1

Please. I need help.  I am currently on version 5.6.8. I get asked to update every time I start. 

I tried both USB firmware update using the correct revision for the S5 with the robot on the side and update wireless.  Each ends up saying "Installing new firmware" "About 2 minutes remaining"..   Its been over an hour now and it never completes.  

No help on this thread..  https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/27249-s5-stuck-with-firmware-update/

Anyone know how to fix this?

On 9/24/2020 at 2:14 PM, ardynamics said:

We are having the same issue, unable to  unload material. We've reverted back to the previous firmware.

I do want to stress that we are really grateful for this new feature, as we are often repeating prints of short duration, with the same filament. It will cut back on time a lot. Can't wait for versions 5.8.1 🙂

Go check it out 😉

5.8.1 is released :