Cura 4.7 Screen Interface Settings

Herb-Michael

Posted · Cura 4.7 Screen Interface Settings

Is there a plugin or whatever for Cura 4.7 that will allow changes to the screen interface?

In particular I'd like to turn off the explanatory pop-ups whenever I hover over a setting. In fact, in my case, the hover time is considerably less than a second (around half at a guess) which means it acts more like a roll-over than a hover and I find the resultant, continual pop-ups very annoying.

Come to think of it, wide control of the hover time would be even better than the ability to turn off the pop-ups completely.

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.7 Screen Interface Settings

Thank, ahoeben

I'll give it a try though my programming experience is a fair way in the past and even then limited to machine-code, 8080/Z80 assembler and the simpler higher level languages. Definitely not the C-varieties. Hopefully I can plug in a number, recompile by rote and replace the appropriate component of my setup without affecting any of my other settings.

Certainly a very reasonable, definitive answer though!

Edit: I think I went off half-cocked there. Having looked into it i think now that i simply edit the version of SettingItem.qml that I already have in myResources/qml/settings directory.

Would that be right? (Sorry to be so "newbie")

Edited by Herb-Michael

Posted · Cura 4.7 Screen Interface Settings

Yes, that's what I finally figured out (I guess the "ml" in qml stands for markup language?)

Anyway, I edited it today and changed the 500ms to 2000ms and I am much happier. I may, in fact back it off to 1500ms.

Thanks a bunch!

Do you happen to know whether/where I could resize (enlarge) and reposition the settings window? (almost 80-year old eyes with cataracts you know 🙁  .... but 3D-printing is a good hobby at this age!)

Or I can dig around.

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.7 Screen Interface Settings

Which settings window exactly? Do you mean the print settings? You can already drag that around.

If you want to increase the fontsize, the best way is to use a custom theme.

Download this file: https://gist.github.com/fieldOfView/7de3ad07fa06afb821bc0c5fe0b668dc

Put it in %APPDATA%\cura\4.5\themes\larger-text\theme.json

Restart Cura

In the general preferences, select the theme Ultimaker Larger

Restart Cura again

Edited by ahoeben
    • Like 1