upgrade to Cura 4.7 most of the profiles blank

Ilanh

Posted · upgrade to Cura 4.7 most of the profiles blank

I upgrade to Cura 4.7 and didn't get back my profiles , when tried to import

all profiles report successful but only 2 out of 10 profile are shown in the profile lists

when I try to import  again  I got incremental # but with out viability any help? 

is there a tool to check the profiles validity ?

image.png.72737f99dcfd13c7d83eab2377758542.png 

Didn't you backup your profiles with the build-in function? Then you probably could have restored them.

When installing new version, you get the question if you want to delete previous settings... I always answer with "NO".

Same problem (yes, the install was done to save profiles), it only sees about 3 of the previous profiles. when you try to import it tells you it imported successfully, but try to turn on the profile and it's not in the list. Guess I'm rebuilding the profiles.

3 hours ago, Mari said:

Didn't you backup your profiles with the build-in function? Then you probably could have restored them.

When installing new version, you get the question if you want to delete previous settings... I always answer with "NO".

Yes I did, but when I tried to import the profile most of them mentioned successful, but as you can see in the screen capture above it doesn't  show the profile if Import it again it will increment the # in case above #3 but still will not show it like the profile is there but its hidden, I believe the problem is with ver 4.7 since they touch the profile module  

Had no problems with upgrading Cura from 4.6.x to 4.7.x. All my profiles are still there!

I have same problem.  (Screwed up on both of my PCs now.)

Seemed to be ok until I tried to add a new Material Profile by duplicating and editing an existing profile. 

From that point on, I have not been able to see more than one print profile, even though importing says it succeeds and Cura increments the # after the profile name. 

I did manage to restart 4.7.0 one time and see all of the profiles, including multiples of the one I had been importing, but that the problem returned in that session (don't remember what I did) & restarting the program did not restore visibility of my profiles after that.  Possibly related issues include, "Not Supported" appears in the settings window print profile selection field in lieu of the print profile name.  Only a subset of the printer profiles was appearing when I pulled-down that selection field, but I would be able to see and select them if I used Manage Profiles.  Now all but one are invisible under Manage Profiles.

I have tried accepting the factory reset option, in the configuration corrupt popup.   

I have tried uninstalling all the past variations of Cura and reinstalling just one version. 

Problem remains the same, now, in every version of Cura from 4.1 to 4.7.

Is there a particular file that I need to attach here to help with debugging this?

Posted (edited) · upgrade to Cura 4.7 most of the profiles blank

UPDATE 1:  I seem to be able to create this problem by importing a material profile that Cura says is "Not Supported". 

If I change my filament choice to one of the built in profiles, all my print profiles come back. 

If I choose the imported material, that Material field goes orange and the selected print profile goes back to "Not Supported."

No idea why these profiles are not supported, but hoping that this "bug" is actually a "feature" and all I have to do is reenter all my material profiles...

UPDATE 2: AHA!  Cura does not recognize PLA+ as a material supported by the Ender 3.  When I change the material value to PLA, the profile works.  When I change it to PLA+, the profile is "Not Supported."

Now I need to find a way to remove the PLA+ profiles, which seem to be locked, like the generic materials.

Edited by WhatWouldAnEngineerDo
    Debugged issue after posting

On 9/12/2020 at 2:22 AM, WhatWouldAnEngineerDo said:

UPDATE 1:  I seem to be able to create this problem by importing a material profile that Cura says is "Not Supported". 

If I change my filament choice to one of the built in profiles, all my print profiles come back. 

If I choose the imported material, that Material field goes orange and the selected print profile goes back to "Not Supported."

No idea why these profiles are not supported, but hoping that this "bug" is actually a "feature" and all I have to do is reenter all my material profiles...

UPDATE 2: AHA!  Cura does not recognize PLA+ as a material supported by the Ender 3.  When I change the material value to PLA, the profile works.  When I change it to PLA+, the profile is "Not Supported."

Now I need to find a way to remove the PLA+ profiles, which seem to be locked, like the generic materials.

I moved back to 4.6.1 after full reset of profiles , now all work ok, 4.7.x still not stable. 

Regarding your question I suggest to use custom printer FFF which solve most of the problems then change to your specific printer 

Hi, I had the same issue's of my imported profile all gone when moving from 4.6.1 to 4.7.0 and then 4.7.1, And when trying to import them again, it coming up with "successfully imported profile...." but not showing up in the list.
    The way I got past it wasn't really a great solution if you dont have a copy of the imported profiles to add again, but i found doing a full reset sorted out the problem. Not to sure if anyones got a better way around it?
    If you cant figure out how to do a complete reset, just check the support page > Frequently asked questions.

On 10/7/2020 at 1:39 PM, J-Liam said:

Hi, I had the same issue's of my imported profile all gone when moving from 4.6.1 to 4.7.0 and then 4.7.1, And when trying to import them again, it coming up with "successfully imported profile...." but not showing up in the list.
    The way I got past it wasn't really a great solution if you dont have a copy of the imported profiles to add again, but i found doing a full reset sorted out the problem. Not to sure if anyones got a better way around it?
    If you cant figure out how to do a complete reset, just check the support page > Frequently asked questions.

@J-Liam Can you share a link on how to do the complete reset? I couldn't find it on the support page. I am sure it might be buried somewhere in there but the basic search for it did not show up anything useful.