Problem with printing (red area)

aikusaesies

Posted · Problem with printing (red area)

Im new to printing. I have file 800mb large (base of statue) and its shows me some red area on in when i import in Cure and thsi "Manifold " erroe904197744_baseproblem.thumb.jpg.8a96f8d61f8f341970f13425abdfd868.jpg

When i rotate object, red area always change (stays on bottom of the object). Guy told me that i need to rotate object and to place it flat on build plate. ("

Message:You can’t use the lay flat option nor the select face to align option Because it has some texture so there is no flat places in the model ... the only option is to manually align it ." But whatever i do, red area stays

54772740_baseproblem2.thumb.jpg.e92bb61381e6313fb33bd3f81cec16ce.jpg

I tried auto option to align or manuel select face to flat on build plate but no luck. 

Pls can you help me, i printed all parts of figure. This is the last one. 

The red area isn't anything "bad" - it's just showing areas of the part facing downwards.

I'm more worried about the "manifold" part.  If there is a problem with that you will see it in "preview" mode, not "prepare" mode.  Anyway, back to making the model flat.

You have a few options:

1) Rotate as flat as possible and then cut off a little
    2) use support or raft

3) Fix the model so the bottom is flat

So #1 above: rotate as flat as you possible can, looking from many angles.  Get it within 1 degree.  Then go to "preferences" "configure cura" and uncheck "automatically drop models to the build plate".  Remember to check this again after you are done with this part.  Now select the part and on the left side use the top tool (move) and adjust the Z value to be a negative value to sink the part below the surface until it is cut off flat.  Then print it.  Realize that the part will now be a slightly different shape.  If you are lucky you can slice off less than 0.1mm which will basically not change the part significantly.

Ok. i learned alote since i posted this question 🙂 Now, the main problem is that this file have 800mb and when i click Slice, just standing there doing nothing... Do i need to w8 long time to finish slice or (object has 18mil faces )?

18 million faces?  in 800mb?  yeah that's too big.  Just glancing at the part in the photo above I'd say 10,000 faces should be enough so you can decimate by 1000X.  Or just try getting it down to 200,000 faces (100X smaller file).

Here's an easy, free way to reduce number of faces/triangles:

http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/polygon_reduction_with_meshlab

You don't have an STL file?  That's strange.  What kind of file do you have?