Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

S5 Pro - How to unpark material in Material Station

Posted · S5 Pro - How to unpark material in Material Station

Does anyone know how to unpark material in the S5 Pro's Material Station?

Some bright spark at Ultimaker thought it was a good idea to lock in the material for 2 hours before releasing, and with no release facility.

Who's side is Ultimaker on? I believe it's a Dutch company, even so, surely someone over there can design and build firmware better than this!

I need more 3D printers and this is one of the many issues that is holding back my decision when to buy the next S5 Pro.

• Like 1
Posted · S5 Pro - How to unpark material in Material Station

Hi @Programify,

Thank you for your message. As you may have read on the forum in the meantime, the feature to unpark filament will be included in the next firmware release. We expect, but no guarantees, to release it in around 2-3 weeks. In the meantime, we're happy to help wherever we can. 

For future references I would like to ask you to mind your tone of voice. If you have never read our Code of Conduct, I would like to ask you to do so. We understand it isn't sunny every day and sometimes products don't work as intended or expected. But even so I would like to ask you to stay considerate and respectful when you ask for help or share your experiences. We're all here to help each other, and you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Thank you,