Material configuration mismatch

paxpring

Posted (edited) · Material configuration mismatch

Hi all,

I cannot find an existing topic on this issue so that's why I create a new one.

I ran out of material on my roll of Tough PLA Black (Ultimaker) that came with the printer, so I loaded a 3rd party material (3DJAKE rPLA Black). The loading went fine and I set the extruder profile in Cura accordingly. Now I have "Generic PLA" loaded in both extruder slots within Cura. 

The problem surfaces when I press "Print over network" in Cura. I walk to the Ultimaker 5S and its display shows the message "Please reconfigure the printer to start the next print job. Extruder 1: Tough PLA Black (Ultimaker)." So nothing prints and it wants me to switch back the Ultimaker branded PLA. I have rebooted both the printer and the computer (and thus Cura). 

"Generic PLA" in the second extruder has worked fine and still does. Both extruders hold the stock AA0.4 extruders. Hope you can help me.

Edited by paxpring

Posted · Material configuration mismatch

Strange, it should be ok when you set In Cura the same material as you have selected during material loading,

Are you sure that the message comes from your currently sent print job? Nothing else in the queue?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Smithy said:

Strange, it should be ok when you set In Cura the same material as you have selected during material loading,

Are you sure that the message comes from your currently sent print job? Nothing else in the queue?

@Smithy Thanks for your comment, it was in the right direction. I never knew there was a queue within Cura. Apparently there was indeed a file in there that was sliced with the wrong profile. I emptied the queue and it is happily printing again. Thanks a bunch! 

I am glad it worked!

The queue itself is not in Cura, but your printer has a queue of print jobs. 

Could be more complicated if you use the cloud or a group host, but basically the printer has the queue.

• Like 1