Failed Print

3DKMAC

Hello Everyone, I'm new to 3D printing.  I recently purchased an Ender Pro 3.  I've had a couple of sucessful prints, but I'm stuck on this one project.  I'm trying to print an upgrade part for my printer, an Extruder Knob.  Everything looks great, but the top parts continues to break.  I have my standard quality set to .2 and I have tried Infill at 20 and 30%.  I have even tried adjusting the Z - Offset, but the print continues to break.  I'm sure it's something simple.  Take a look at the attached print and help would be greatly appreciated.

Extruder Knob .jpg

You mean it breaks when it is in use, right?

Which material are you using? PLA is maybe not the best option.

To get better layer bonding, you can try to print a little bit hotter and with less fan.

Posted · Failed Print
    3 hours ago, Smithy said:

You mean it breaks when it is in use, right?

Which material are you using? PLA is maybe not the best option.

To get better layer bonding, you can try to print a little bit hotter and with less fan.

No the tip breaks off before I can attach it to the Extruder.  I am using PLA.  As far as printing hotter, I assume you are referring to the nozzle temp.  Ill give that a try.  Thanks.

Yes i meant the nozzle temp, maybe in combination with less cooling fan. Also try to print slower. 

But the quality of the bigger part also don't look so great. What happened with the surface?

Is your printer extruding normal? I mean, maybe you have a clogged nozzle or something like that.

Posted · Failed Print
    10 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Yes i meant the nozzle temp, maybe in combination with less cooling fan. Also try to print slower. 

But the quality of the bigger part also don't look so great. What happened with the surface?

Is your printer extruding normal? I mean, maybe you have a clogged nozzle or something like that.

Not sure about the bigger part.  I'm still learning what is good and bad quality.  I don't think the extruder is clogged,its a new printer and I have been able to print other items without issue.

On the picture it looks if the surface is not complete and very rough. 

Which material are you using? PLA? Which brand?

Posted · Failed Print
    5 hours ago, Smithy said:

On the picture it looks if the surface is not complete and very rough. 

Which material are you using? PLA? Which brand?

I'm using Inlaid Premium PLA.

What about other prints, do they have the same look on the top layer?

Posted · Failed Print
    2 hours ago, Smithy said:

What about other prints, do they have the same look on the top layer?

No its just this one.  I actually selected a different design and it printed with no issue.  Thanks for taking the time to help me figure out what's going on.

Strange....

What about the Cura settings? Do you use basically the same as for your other prints?

Posted · Failed Print
    2 hours ago, Smithy said:

Strange....

What about the Cura settings? Do you use basically the same as for your other prints?

Yes, same Cura settings. 

Hmm, slowly I am getting out of more ideas......