Print paused - and part won't print

ShinerG

Posted · Print paused - and part won't print

Hi folks, I've a strange one. My UM3 has recently started to pause a print, usually on the first layer and more often right after the initial blob in hte front corner. It doesn't always happen, but it's very frustrating. I'm using the latest release of Cura. It never happened on previous Cura releases. Have any of ye come across this?

It's not a model geometry issue, as I've printed this previously. The models are my own designs, no glitches in the STLs, like needing to patch the mesh and my firmware is up-to-date.

I've tried a few other things, but no joy.  I've orders coming in for this design of mine that I can't fullfil due to this error.

1. Changed damaged clear plastic part on printcore.

2. Swapped in another printcore.

3. Tried to build another part with unchanged profile, using printcore 2.

4. Printed using version 4.6.1 of Cura.

5. Deactivated all non-Ultimaker plugins.

6. Deactivated all plugins.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

If it’s working in a old version of Cura still, but then you get the problem with the latest version, it might be a good idea to upload the gcode from both so can compare one vs the other.

Also if you upload your project file from the latest version of Cura, people will be able to view all the settings, that way if the gcode shows different lines of code at the start people could see if it’s a setting or a bug.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Carla, thanks for that. Sorry, I'm only seeing this there now.  I posted this queastion on the FB Ultimkaer Owners group at the same time. Erin Oliver got back to me, to say to turn off any plugin-ins.  I had a post-process gcode script plugin active to display the line height on the LCD.  Once I turned this off, it printed just as before. 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShinerG said:

Hi Carla, thanks for that. Sorry, I'm only seeing this there now.  I posted this queastion on the FB Ultimkaer Owners group at the same time. Erin Oliver got back to me, to say to turn off any plugin-ins.  I had a post-process gcode script plugin active to display the line height on the LCD.  Once I turned this off, it printed just as before. 🙂 

Good to see you got it fixed 🙂