UM3 hung at startup

JohnInOttawa

Posted · UM3 hung at startup

Good afternoon everyone.  I am pretty sure I read something about this here, but at the moment cannot for the life of me find it.

Today for the first time, I switched on my printer, the startup appears normal until I get to the 'Ultimaker' displaying on the screen, and then nothing further.  It has been quite a while with no changes.  I have not intentionally asked for a firmware update, so am at a loss.

Suggestions welcome.

John

It was a good learning experience, once I found the thread.  Had a moment of looking for a micro SD card, but then, pretty much worked as advertised.  I may go ahead and look for the patch cable that the other thread mentions, just in case I am not so luck next time.

On 9/26/2020 at 2:49 AM, JohnInOttawa said:

It was a good learning experience, once I found the thread.  Had a moment of looking for a micro SD card, but then, pretty much worked as advertised.  I may go ahead and look for the patch cable that the other thread mentions, just in case I am not so luck next time.

Perhaps you can add a link to the post you found that helped you, in case someone stumbles upon this thread with a similar issue 🙂 Thanks!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies