Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Posted · UM3 hung at startup

Good afternoon everyone.  I am pretty sure I read something about this here, but at the moment cannot for the life of me find it.

Today for the first time, I switched on my printer, the startup appears normal until I get to the 'Ultimaker' displaying on the screen, and then nothing further.  It has been quite a while with no changes.  I have not intentionally asked for a firmware update, so am at a loss.

Suggestions welcome.

John

It was a good learning experience, once I found the thread.  Had a moment of looking for a micro SD card, but then, pretty much worked as advertised.  I may go ahead and look for the patch cable that the other thread mentions, just in case I am not so luck next time.

On 9/26/2020 at 2:49 AM, JohnInOttawa said:

It was a good learning experience, once I found the thread.  Had a moment of looking for a micro SD card, but then, pretty much worked as advertised.  I may go ahead and look for the patch cable that the other thread mentions, just in case I am not so luck next time.

Perhaps you can add a link to the post you found that helped you, in case someone stumbles upon this thread with a similar issue 🙂 Thanks!

• Like 1