Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
blackomega

UM2 Started to print diagonally!

Came across a weird problem at first that I've since solved but mention here incase anyone else gets it.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but when I was printing a simple cube, the printer started to actually print with a creeping diagonal so the object resembled more of a rhomboidal shape.

Discovered that the problem was that the grub screw that holds the belt sprocket to the guide bars of the print head was loose which was causing the belt to rotated but essentially slip.

Tightening this grub screw solved the problem although it was awkward getting the allen key in there!

Does any of that make any sense? :-P

That's unfortunately a common problem, but luckily easily fixed by your above method. My UM came with silver grub screws, you can replace the black ones that a pre-installed in the pullies with them and really tighten them down. I haven't had a problem since my first run in with that problem.

Here's a pic, I'm sure it's esembles your cube to rhomboid.

gallery_7531_65_501319.jpg

That's unfortunately a common problem, but luckily easily fixed by your above method. My UM came with silver grub screws, you can replace the black ones that a pre-installed in the pullies with them and really tighten them down. I haven't had a problem since my first run in with that problem.

Here's a pic, I'm sure it's esembles your cube to rhomboid.

gallery_7531_65_501319.jpg

Pretty much spot on.

The grub screw in question is a silver one but other pullies have black ones.