Firmware 5.8.1 for S-line printers is now available

Szahari

Posted · Firmware 5.8.1 for S-line printers is now available
On 10/2/2020 at 3:01 PM, ardynamics said:

Hi, thanks for the response. I indeed started a new print and it wouldn't extrude, because it did not 'unpark' the filament. I always have the brim enabled, and it didn't extrude the entire length of the brim and even 15 seconds into the print, when I manually aborted again. I did notice the filament was parked higher in printhead 1 then printhead 2.

We (The firmware team) are going to look into this. We have not seen this in our normal test-routines and we do always test all happy and unhappy flows. But we will re-test this specific scenario. Any special information about your setup? What kind of material was it?

On 10/3/2020 at 4:25 PM, Roli4711 said:

What does that mean if I have installed 5.8.1, the display at the material station says that I have Generic PLA in 1 and Ultimaker Breakaway in slot 2 and then such a message is displayed?

By the way: the print from a 4 day old print core with the original Ultimaker BreakAway is no longer cleaned. Every 2nd time spaghetti, it no longer adheres properly or it just indicates that it is "unknown" material.

Roland

20201003_155340.thumb.jpg.28f8190e61a1c0d4040fa08e19a4a350.jpg20201003_155257.thumb.jpg.aee86477d6001c5557d8ddbd850abe5d.jpg

Please make sure all your spools are aligned to the left. When inserting place them as far left (within each bay) as possible. We are working on improving the NFC reading reliability. For now this workaround should help in most cases.

On 10/3/2020 at 3:39 PM, CCLMakerSpace said:

So, it seems as if 5.8.1 has kind of half broken network connectivity for us. Cura can print over the network about half the time, but the other half it either asks to print via cloud or USB.

I'm afraid nothing really changed in the network part nor the webcam part for 5.8.1 

Personally I like to default to printing over cloud even though my printers are 1,5 meters (corona safe) away from me. As printing over cloud is going to have so much more benefits in the feature. 

Are you using ethernet or wifi? We have found ethernet to be far more reliable in many cases. Also having a mixed network (2.4GHz and 5GHz) with the same SSID can cause issues for S3 and some S5's.

n.b.

We are in the process of updating the underlying OS of the printer. We hope this will also help in the wifi stability (new drivers and all). We expect this new (6.x) version to go public in before the end of this year.

Hello all,

Yesterday we update our UM  S5 with latest Firmware 5.8.1.

After that we observed the following problems:

1. There is not connection between the the printer and  Cura. We checked with our IT colleagues - there is connection between the printer and the PC (ping). When we try to refresh the printer in Cura  - this screen appears for about 5 seconds and   disappear.

S5 cannot print from PC (Cura 4.7.1)

S5 can work (print) with USB.

The camera is not working.

image.thumb.png.c7d66fabb838ee9c0b5991574ce28d28.png

S5 can work (print) with USB. The Camera is not working.

2. After firmware update , appear ER 67 . We never experienced this issue before. The material station is less one year old. We follow the instructions regarding the ER 67 from the UM site - no result. The error appears again. 

image.png.d10caa663d1074dae6c75631590f7cee.png

Please, help me to solve this problem.

I red that the firmware 5.8.0 has problems and wait for the release new firmware with fixes problems. It seems there are still any. 

10 minutes ago, A_tas said:

Hello all,

1. There is not connection between the the printer and  Cura. We checked with our IT colleagues - there is connection between the printer and the PC (ping). When we try to refresh the printer in Cura  - this screen appears for about 5 seconds and   disappear.

2. After firmware update , appear ER 67 . We never experienced this issue before. The material station is less one year old. We follow the instructions regarding the ER 67 from the UM site - no result. The error appears again. 

I red that the firmware 5.8.0 has problems and wait for the release new firmware with fixes problems. It seems there are still any. 

Hi, thank you for your message. I would like to ask you to create a ticket and include the log-files from your Ultimaker S5. Our product experts are ready to help! You can create a new ticket via this link

Thank you! 

Hello SandervG,

Thank you for your fast reaction.

Because, on the USB Flash there are many files - which one  you  need. I exported LOG from the printer to the flash memory.  Are these OK? Only with curren date - from today?

image.thumb.png.487faee0d0679cba1b5ce89f0d245263.png

Regards.

10 minutes ago, A_tas said:

Hello SandervG,

Thank you for your fast reaction.

Because, on the USB Flash there are many files - which one  you  need. I exported LOG from the printer to the flash memory.  Are these OK? Only with curren date - from today?

image.thumb.png.487faee0d0679cba1b5ce89f0d245263.png

Regards.

From today, if you still get ER67, is fine. I think they may not need the airmanager_data for example, but if I were you I would just send them all over. They can just pick the logs they need and ignore the rest, or perhaps have them if they would need them later anyway. Thanks! 

Hello SandervG,

Thanks.

I'll upload now these files  in my ticket and will submit it.

Best regards,

Nasko

• Thanks 1

Just upgraded the firmware on an s5 and my display is blacked out.

Was able to start a test print via the cloud but when I aborted the print it will not process the next file in the queue. I can work without the display under normal conditions but I am looking for tips to rid the aborted file from the queue. 

I have powered it down and after powering back up the display is still blacked out and it says that its printing the next file but the printer is idle.

image.thumb.png.f2825071c2d6304acdf06fce2a909ef7.png

Posted (edited) · Firmware 5.8.1 for S-line printers is now available

Hello,

I have two Ultimaker 2 Extended+ and two Ultimaker S5 - Pro Bundles working.

I have massive Problems with my S5 Pro Bundle after update from 5.8.0 to 5.8.1.

After the update, the printer is not working anymore.

1. The printer is not able to autolevel. The Printhead moves to a wrong position, about 1cm before the right position and can not switch between the printcores anymore.

When switching the lever manually during the switching process, the printer continues the levelling and start to print.

https://youtu.be/DIaOGmMJT_Q

2. Autoloader doens not work anymore

During a printjob, the filament spool in the autoloader gets empty, a second spool ist installed properly but the loader does not switch to the next spool, the whole printjob get stucked.

(see attached images)

3. Printer freezed several times after update

4. ER998 - Error Message

Until the update everything was fine, I took of the last print from the buildplat before the update. After the update it started with the level error (unrealistic difference from the printcores) because of the wrong position.

I have restarted the printer several times, no change. I have reseted the printer to factory, without any result.

I went back to firmware 5.7.3, also no change with my problem. Reupdated to 5.8.1

Need a solution to get the printer working again.

Thanks, Alex

IMG_5057.JPG

IMG_5060.JPG

IMG_5061.JPG

IMG_5062.JPG

dmesg.log

Edited by icbm
    falsche Benennung des Druckers

Switching problem is solved, recalibrating of the switch position was the solution (did not see the possibility in the menu before).

Will have a look if the other failures are still remaining...

Thanks

@icbm thank you for your report.

1. I'm glad you fixed the lift-switch issue. That was indeed going to be our suggestion to troubleshoot that problem. This should allow you to properly start your prints without running into the "nozzle offset" warning message.

2. We had a similar issue in previous versions that would happen at low occurrence. On 5.8.1 however we haven't seen it happen again. If you run into this again please let us know and share the logs for the occurrence so we can investigate. Creating an error report on our Service channel would be the preferred approach.
    https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000516360
    The logs you had on your previous message does not contain information on the filament switch procedure. Please add the boot logs on your report.

3. What exactly do you mean by printer freezes? In which circumstance? Are you referring maybe to the printer failing to bootup with a black screen / splash screen? If that is the case we have improvements coming up on our next firmware release. For the time being, rebooting your printer will make the screen available again.

4. ER998 is a previously existing issue. We are continuously fixing root causes of this problem but because the nature of this error there are still triggers that need to be identified and addressed. Is there a specific timing / event that you can associate with triggering the ER998?

On 10/10/2020 at 1:06 AM, mike_doell said:

I have powered it down and after powering back up the display is still blacked out and

Perhaps it sounds as stubborn advice but could you try to reboot again? Perhaps power it down for a few seconds and try again? The black display occurrences we've encountered should be fixed with a reboot usually. Thanks.

On 10/9/2020 at 4:42 AM, A_tas said:

Hello all,

Updated todaY to 5.8.1 - get the same humidification error

Hi all, firmware 5.8.2 is now available for your S-line printers. check it here: