UM 3S loading PVA issue

DrBwts

Posted · UM 3S loading PVA issue

UM 3S

I'm trying to load a spool of PVA into extruder 2.

I follow all the steps on the screen & the filament rolls up to the print head (BB04) but that's when it goes wrong.

Its says to wait for the filament to extrude, it never does. The filament moves slowly at first & then a very small amount extrudes then stops.

The confirmation time period times out & the machine appears to think that PVA has loaded (even though I never pressed confirm).

When I try to print I get a warning that there is no material loaded in #2 then when I trick it into believing I've changed it nothing comes out of #2

I have loaded & unloaded the PVA

I have inspected the print head & made sure its clean than reloaded it.

Still nothing!

HELP!

Just to be sure you do the load procedure correctly:

1. you choose load in the menu
    2. the spool will be detected by the printer and you confirm it
    3. you put the filament into the feeder and after it was catchend by the gears and you feel that it moves in very slowly you confirm it on the display,
    4. filament is loaded to the head and after some time it comes out of the nozzle
    5. then you confirm a second time

Are these the steps you did? I have the feeling you missed the confirmation after putting the filament into the feeder.

I've followed all those steps a number of times, the problem comes with step 4 when loading the PVA.

Only a very, very small amount comes out of the nozzle if any at all, cerainly not a consistent flow.

After  waiting a while for a consistent flow to appear the confirmation message times out & the printer appears to assume that the material has loaded when in fact it hasn't. This becomes aparent when I try to use the material & nothing gets extruded from its nozzle.

There is a menu item under print core which guides you through the process.

Here is more information for the UM2, but it is basically the same, just not guided.

https://ultimakernasupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004187066-Atomic-Cleaning-Method