Question about 3DSolex nozzles for UM3 and S5

Posted · Question about 3DSolex nozzles for UM3 and S5

Dear,

I have UM3 and S5 and want to print high temp materials. I wanted to buy Ultimaker CC nozzles but as I also want a 0.8 nozzle it is going to be very expensive.

I found on google 3DSolex who have nozzle pack for UM3 as well as S5.

My question is as follows:

• Does anyone hase experience with it?
  • Does UM3/S5 recognonizes the 3DSolex nozzle,
  • Does Autobed leveling work correctly with these nozzles?

If someone can answer this it  wil help me very much.

Thank you in advance.

With kind regards,

Good afternoon!  I have an Ultimaker 3 with 2 3DSolex hardcores (plus a third that has just come in).  I have used them extensively for non-standard nozzle sizes and also for abrasive fliaments (gemstone tipped, with a BondTech feeder).

I bought 2 Hardcores to limit the number of times I need to change nozzles, as this is a particularly vulnerable activity, risking the heat break.  I am very happy I did this as there have been a few prints where I had abrasive material in both print cores.

Autolevelling does work but with care.  No foreign material on the nozzle, at all. 

I'm very happy with this product.

Cheers

John

Hi Thevirus,

Welcome in here.

High temp printing, I'll kind of thinking that 3DSolex is more orientated toward abrasive material..

So what kind of material are you thinking about?

The temp limit for an UMS5 is 280 deg, C,. if my memory serve me right. If, we cant cross that "border" safely with this limitation. A 3DSolex don't increase this limit..

However, if it is anything else just use Ultimakers recommendation for high temp printing.

I'll consider (250-280) deg. C., as high temperature printing, if you go above this -we name it experimental. 🙂

Anyway, good luck.

Thanks

Torgeir

Dear JohninOttowa,

Thank you. 

Dear Torgeir,

Thank you. I don't want to cross the limit. I just want to print abrasive composite material. So that why.